Freaky

Chapter 2

Friday, September 4th, 11 am

After that awkward encounter back at Jin and Jimin's apartment, I have decided to shut my mouth about any creepy moaning I would hear in the future.
Just the concerned look on their faces was enough for me to realise that not everyone wants to hear about my freaky shower experiences.
I'm probably going to labeled the "weird" neighbour now.
Great. Just great.

"Uh, sorry, did you say...um..moaning?" Jin had asked with a dumbfounded expression when I'd explained how I heard something or someone moan my name.

"Yes! I went to take a shower and then as I turn on the faucet, bam! I hear someone moan out my name. And obviously, I thought this was kind of creepy," I had tried to explain, wildly gesticulating to get my point across.
Jimin and Jin looked at my weirdly.
I guess I must have looked like a mad woman.

"And you say this happened...three times?" Jimin questioned incredulously.

"Yes. Yes, then I got out of the shower, quite freaked out. Then the damn shower head turns on out of nowhere and floods my bathroom!" Then, of course, I'd thought it would be a good idea to ask one of the neighbours if they knew anything about the stupid plumbing. But, in retrospect, I regret asking.

Not when they were looking at me like I had grown an extra eyeball.

Jimin snorted while Jin looked like he wanted to say something, but was refraining from doing so. He had shifted his long legs uncomfortably.

"You know, maybe it's a lonely ghost that's just excited over the sight of a pretty girl. I know I would be," Jimin said and I sneered at him in disgust.

Jin had watched the two of us bicker before he finally spoke up.

"We can call Mr Bang for you to get a maintenance guy. Maybe they can fix your, uh...plumbing problem," Jin offered.
He was referring to Bang Si Hyuk, the landlord. No way in hell was I going to call the landlord over this.

"Yeah, well it's okay. Thanks anyway," is all I'd said and then stomped out of their apartment in embarrassment and defeat. Of course not before stuffing one last cookie in my mouth.

Guess I would have to fix the stupid plumbing myself.

******

Friday, September 4th, 2pm

I cringe as I remember the events from earlier today.
"Well, guess I'm never talking to the neighbours again," I sigh and rub my tired eyes.

I'm back at my own apartment now, feeling just a little bit lonely. I almost miss Jimin's incessant flirting. Almost.

I'd just made myself a huge bowl of cold noodles and was slurping on it loudly.

I continue to gulp down my noodles, choking from time to time on account of how quickly I was shoving it down my throat. I didn't notice I was so hungry.
Looking down at my watch, I realise that it's past midday already.

I decide that's it is a good idea to just ignore whatever was going on with the shower and start unpacking my stuff.
Maybe my apartment would start to look more welcoming if I finished decorating everything. Less depressing and creepy.

"So now I gotta cut loose, footloose," I start singing and turn on my portable speaker.
Swaying my butt around in the air, I make my way to the small kitchen and unpack the boxes with my dishes.

"Kick of your Sunday shoes!" I cry out, completely off pitch.

I put away all the large dinner plates at the back of the cupboard, seeing as I would barely have any guests coming over. Especially now since I blew my chances at friendship with Jin and Jimin.