Alice Alarie - 2

After grabbing some food and refuelling the car, we headed straight to Paris. I set her address in GPS, which showed it would take another fifteen minutes after we reach Orly. It was still an hour left for us to reach Orly. I kept looking through Alice's tweets. Those were some dark shits. I read a few of them aloud.

"Deep down the ocean, I dive to swim, when I get surrounded by ocean monsters, underwater and I'm drowning. Save me! Strange! There's this one, 'Today, I met my friends visiting me, when I was in my BATHTUB! EYES RED AND BODIES ALL GREEN!' The fuck? Was she hallucinating while posting the tweets? This one is the most disturbing, 'Someone tells papa, I will stay a good girl always.' She never looked like her dad would hit her or torture her. She looked spotless and put up so much makeup at school."

"Maybe, she used makeup to mask all the black spots?"

"Didn't think that way. She was definitely suffering something, which she wanted to communicate with her dad, but wasn't able to say?"

"Her tweets shows every possible symptom of schizophrenia. Madeline can answer the rest. She suffered a very disturbing death."

"Schizophrenia! Fuck! Never thought of that, before. People even get suicidal thoughts in this condition. She ended up committing and was quite successful. Who knew slitting open wrist could lead to death!"

"If the right spot hits deeply slitting through the major vein, the bleeding won't stop at all."

"How do you know so much?"

"Because I am a man. Men are intelligent!"

"Fuck my arse!"

"Oh yeah, I will, after we finish with all this. Have patience, princess."

*Facepalm* Ugh! I felt an urge to eat. Luckily, I brought cookies for myself to munch on. I asked him to play some music. The beats hit me hard and I swayed my body with the tune. Danny catered at me, quietly. I agree I can be too much to handle sometimes, but this guy seemed to bear with me, perfectly. Such a gentleman! I didn't bother him for the rest of our journey. Soon, we reached Orly and the GPS led us to the Mercier's front door. I rushed towards the doorbell and soon, Madeline opened the door. Her eyes widened in horror.

"Louise! You're ALIVE!"

"Shh! Let us in and we need to talk. This is Daniel, umm.. he--"

"I'm her boyfriend!" Danny interrupted me with this and pushed me inside. What was that? Anyways, we needed to focus here. Leading us to her room, Madeline closed the door behind her and sat down. We kept looking at each other's faces silently for a while, before I tried to spark a conversation, "How have you been, Maddy?"

"I heard about your family, last year. How are you holding up?"

"It's a long story, but I am good now. I came here to ask you something. Can I come directly to the point?"

"I know Don Schmitten set that fire in your property but didn't know you are alive."

Her statement startled me. How did she know so much? I opened my mouth to say something, but Danny interrupted me.

"Did Alice discuss her father to you?"

"A lot, actually. What happened to your hands, Daniel?"

"Umm.. this is, actually, I burnt my hands while baking a cake. Recently."

"Make sure you take care of that wound. That dressing looks pathetic."

"I didn't get time to change the dressing. I will take care of that. Tell us about your relationship with Alice."