Chapter 9

"There you are, I have been looking for you, Mr. Oberoi." Ms. Cassidy Rodriguez greeted pulling me into a quick hug as soon as I entered into Fortuna Auditorium for Annual Indian Businessmen Association Meet.

"Hello Ms. Rodriguez." I greeted back the cheerful old lady in her mid fifties, who is the member of honour in IBA.

"We have been discussing about your achievements." Ms. Rodriguez chirped.

"We?" I asked in confusion.

"Yes, me and Mr. Malhotra." She answered looking behind me and waving her hands.

"Missed me, Cassie." Vikram Malhotra flirted winking at the old socialite wrapping his hand around her shoulder making her giggle like teenage girl.

"Hello Oberoi, seems like you had great fun this year loosing Simmons deal." Vikram mocked with a evil smirk. "Poor you."

"Didn't you bag Harrison's project after that Omkara?" Ms. Rodriguez interrupted looking at Vikram, who was towering her with his six feet height.

"Yes, Ms. Rodriguez, Harrison's is one of the best companies in it's field and I am glad I lost the Simmons deal without which I couldn't have bagged this prestigious project." I gave saccharine sweet smile that made Vikram grit his teeth as he fisted his hands, his amber eyes blazing in anger and hatred.

"That's wonderful." The old socialite clapped her hands in appreciation, "Mr.Harrison is a good friend of mine, even Rodriguez industries signed a big deal with them yesterday, which would be a great asset to them and us."

Rodriguez industries are one of the prestigious industries in the country, them signing the deal with Harrison's is a blessing in disguise for Oberoi Industries cause the shares that we invested in Harrison's industries will get a greater value cause of the Rodriguez deal.

"Mr.Malhotra , Yes, I really had fun loosing Simmons deal." And now it's my turn to smile at Malhotra.

"Let's get inside young men, the meeting is about to start." Ms. Rodriguez said hooking both her arms in mine and Vikram hand as she pulled us towards the auditorium. For a old lady, she was so strong.

"Welcome to Annual Business Meet, Ladies and Gentlemen." The host's voice began to fill the auditorium as he continued his speech about various strategies and incidents that took place in Indian Business Field in the past one year, half way through the speech I lost my interest with the host bragging about his own achievements and Vikram, who sat beside Ms. Rodriguez was busy flirting with another business woman.

"And now, we come to the interesting segment of our meet." The host said in a over enthusiastic voice, "Like every year, we decided to host IBA Awards to appreciate the best performers in the field."

Cheers and claps erupted in the auditorium.

"The board has decided to host the IBA awards presentation during our winter meet up till then the jury will monitor and nominate the best candidates eligible for the prestigious awards. The one who wins the award this year will win a golden chance to sign a deal with IBA for the construction and designing of their new building."

"Well, that was one wonderful opportunity to be able to sign a deal with IBA." Vikram said to Ms.Rodriguez.

"Yes, it is. The word is that the IBA board is also looking forward to sign a deal with the winner company for their future projects which they are planning to build in foreign lands as well." Ms. Rodriguez gushed.

"Then I must start working harder, not that I am not working hard now, but I should put some extra efforts." Vikram said shaking his hands with Ms.Rodriguez as she stood at the foot of the stairs, her driver holding her car door open for her.

"I wish you good luck then for both my favourite young men." Ms. Rodriguez said shaking her hands with Vikram and I, and retired for the day.

"Don't even dream of winning the Best CEO title, Oberoi, it's mine." Vikram said with a boastful look.

"Let's see that, Mr. Malhotra, don't let the clouds blur your vision." I said in a challenging tone as I slipped inside my car.

"That nincompoop better focus on his business rather than poking his long nose in yours." The familiar voice made a comment as soon as the car hit the road.

"Ron! What are you doing here?" I asked in surprise seeing Ronit Mishra driving the car instead of my driver.

He laughed as he spoke, "My father called me earlier asking me to meet him in Oberoi Mansion, so thought of picking you up here, so that we both can go together." Ronit said as he stopped the car at the signal.

Ronit Mishra, a young man in his mid twenties is the son of Pranav Mishra, my father's personal assistant and loyal friend. Mishra's had been our loyal confederates since our great grand father's era.

"So, how's everything going, Mr. Hotshot lawyer?" I asked, Ronit and I are friends since our childhood and he is my wingman along with Rudra, after I joined Oberoi Industries, he had been my consociate for an year handling my works and supporting me, later he got a call letter from famous law school, and decided to pursue his dream career.

"Everything's good, man." Ronit answered as he his foot hit the pedal as the traffic lights turned green, "I heard from my father." He said and I immediately know what he's hinting about.

Along with handling a law firm in the city, Ronit Mishra is also working as legal advisor for Oberoi Industries, so him getting a whiff of what's happening in our lives didn't come as a surprise to me.

"The boat is on hard waters now." I sighed.

"I guess, my father asking me to come to Oberoi Mansion to discuss has something to do with the recent happenings." Ronit said as we neared the gates of my home.

"I guess that too, let's go in and find out." I said as we both walked inside the Oberoi Mansion.

Next update will be on Monday.

Happy Weekend :)