Swordplay

The wooden swords clanged together in a rhythmic pattern. Thud. Thud. Thud. It almost matched the rhythm of your heartbeat. Almost. Since your heartbeat was definitely accelerating as you and Spot grew closer and closer together. Your swords locked for a brief moment, and your eyes locked with his. His gorgeous, perfect, steel blue eyes. You felt a blush rising to your cheeks, but it was (hopefully) hidden by your already pink face, which was fueled by adrenaline.

Over the past few days you had grown quite adept at swordplay, tutored by all of the Lost Boys. One by one you had managed to beat them all in a mock fight- all except Spot. The reason being, every time you so much as looked at him he took your breath away. Your crush hadn't diminished at all the more time you spent with him; on the contrary it had grown exponentially. 

As such, you were completely distracted by gazing into Spot's eyes, and you didn't have time to react when he swept his sword back and around, breaking the clash and causing you to stumble back. You tripped on a root behind you and went tumbling down onto your bottom.

One of the Lost Boys laughed. You didn't see which one. "Shut up. Ya wanna fight me again?" You called. Silence. Spot dropped his wooden sword on the ground and extended a hand to you. You took it gratefully (still blushing) and he pulled you to your feet with ease.

"Ya a'right Y/N?" Spot said. You nodded in reply; it was all you could manage with him so close. When he had pulled you up he had also pulled you in, so you were less than a foot away from him. And without the heat of combat, you were even more discombobulated.

Yep, you had it bad. 

"You'se gettin' pretty good dere." Spot complimented, and you felt a smile come to your face. 

"Thanks." You managed to say.

He nodded, before biting his lip what seemed to be a tad nervously. But that couldn't be. Spot Conlon didn't get nervous. "If ya'd like I can teach ya ta shoot a slingshot too." he said.

"I'd like that very much." You said at once.

Spot looked pleased. "Great. Uh... how 'bout we staht afta lunch?"

You nodded. 

"Great." Spot repeated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(tiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmeeeee skkkkkkiiiiiipppppp)

"Right, so what ya wanna do is hold it on da base paht heah." Spot instructed, holding up his slingshot in demonstration.

You followed, holding up the slingshot he had presented you with. "I get that much." You smiled at him.

Spot smirked. "Yeah. Now foah aimin', dat's moah diff'cult. Ya kinda wanna hold it so dat da top is pointed a li'l sideways..." 

You tilted the slingshot to the side. "Like this?"

"Not quite." Spot came around behind you and adjusted your grip. His body was pressed up against your back and his arms wrapped around you, guiding your arms. You could feel his breath on your ear and your face started to heat up. Focus. You told yourself firmly.

You pulled back the pouch of the slingshot (which was loaded with a marble), Spot's hand over yours. Upon release the marble shot straight at a tree trunk and smacked it head on with more force than you thought could come from such a small weapon.