Chapter 22

In fact, it doesn't even feel like an animal's fur... But I shrug it off. I guess cats here are also different, as their way of dying from what Ael told me about his goldfish. Besides, what else could it be ? Tyaron is working today so there's no way I'd be touching a humanoid's hair. I mean I'm really hoping I'm not because here, cheating is absolutely unthinkable.

I continue to stroke the cut pet.

Suddenly, I feel him purring without making any sound. It also breathes strangely.

After a while, I take off my hand and smell it.

"You smell bad kitten. You should clean yourself more often."

As I finish my sentence, the cat suddenly jumps, revealing its face. Tyaron's face.

"Do I look like a fu*king cat to you ?!"

He approaches me gradually, as a predator approaches its prey.

"I am going to slowly torture and kill you. I'll put your bloodied body into salt, let you rot in it for a couple of days then burn every inch of it. And I'll have a hell of a good time doing this."

You can very easily picture my face right now: full of fear and regret.

Why did I come here again ? Goodbye world, goodbye mom, goodbye Ael.

As I'm a scaredy-cat (no pun intended), I start screaming my lungs out and run away as fast as I can from the awakened beast.

I've never run so fast in my life except for the time I put pepper in my classmate's eyes.

He just threw the lamp that was on his nightstand at me so I can assure you I'm running at full speed !

Okay I probably deserved it since I made Ael feel terrible for weeks, but still !

While I was running across the apartment, Amelia appeared and screamed at Tyaron. The colossus had his head down and looked like a puppy that had fooled around.

After scolding him for what seemed to be hours, Amelia comes towards me. She leads me out of the flat and begins explaining the situation to Ael, who happened to be on the threshold of the residence, and I.

Speaking of Ael, I could tell by his stern face how exhausted and worried he was. I wonder what's on his mind to make him look like that.

I turn back my attention to Amelia. Apparently, she has wanted to talk about it for a while but she was so busy that she couldn't give us 5 minutes of her time.

The story is actually quite simple, yet decisive.

Tyaron went to see Ael and set him against me, telling him I kept on manipulating him to get his money. His main argument was that I had accepted him unusually quickly. Of course, this moron believed him and turned his back on me. Which explains his cold indifference when I confessed.

This whole story is beyond belief. I can't fathom why Tyaron did that. I may have an idea but I would love to hear it from his mouth.

As for Ael... I'm lost for words. I thought he would believe in me ! And if he didn't, he should have at least believed in our mate bond !

I start getting away, fighting back the desire to burst into tears and to beg Ael for an explanation. I was walking in the corridor towards our... I mean Ael's apartment when I suddenly hear someone running. Is it Tyaron again ? If yes, I'll give him a piece of my mind because I'm really fed up with his attitude.

***********************************************************************************************

Hi guys ! How are you all doing ? How did you find the chapter ?

There are around 2 chapters left plus an epilog. How do you think the story will finish ? Let us know about your theories. We're very curious about it since we've thought a lot on the ending to create an original one.

Have a nice week !

Lots of love,

Siripoppo