Fears

Merlin, Arthur, and the knights get trapped in a cave. A sorcerer is involved, betrays are shown, and friendships are put to the test. What could possibly go wrong?

"Told you this was a bad idea."

"Shut up, Merlin. This is simply an inconvenience."

Merlin can only help but snort at Arthur's attempts to ease the situation.

Arthur wanted to take a quicker route through some unstable caves to save a days ride to an outlying village. Funny enough, the cave's entrance collapsed also immediately after they entered. Thankfully, Arthur, Merlin, nor any of the knights were harmed during the collapse.

"Hey princess, is that-"

"Gwaine. Now is not the time. We have important matters to attend to then you pointing at every single thing-"

"Arthur Pendragon. That is not a very kingly thing for you to say to one of your best knights."

All heads turn into the direction of the voice. There lays an old woman in a clock, while holding what looks like to be a very large stick to Arthur.

With all the knights taking out their swords, surprisingly it's Merlin to speak first.

"Who are you?"

The lady gives a crocked smile towards the servant.

"Ah, Merlin. The every so loyal servant. But, I suppose you are just more then a servant."

'It's lovely to meet you, Emrys.'

  Merlin could only stare at the new way of talking, or should I say non talking.

'What do you want with Arthur?'

'Who said I wanted anything to do with Arthur?'

"Merlin?"

Getting concerned at his manservants behavior, Arthur slightly nudges him. That seemed to break Merlin out of his trance.

"Arthur."

"What is she talking about?"

"Ah, the all so curious Arthur Pendragon. Always finding the simple solutions to the difficult problems."

"What are you talking about?"

"Magic of course. Instead of really thinking about it, you just assume it as evil and kill. That doesn't seem very fair, does it Merlin?"

At the sound of Merlin's name, all the knights look over at Merlin. Merlin continues to stare at the lady until Lancelot decided today isn't a very good day for Merlin's secret to be revealed.

"Hey. If you wouldn't mind, we would like to be on our way now."

"Oh the most noblest of them all, Sir Lancelot."

Arthur can't help but feel something stir inside of him. He is pretty noble himself, if he would say so.

Lancelot being Lancelot ignored the sorcerer's talk and tried again.

"Please. Let us leave, unharmed, and we will grant you the same. No bloodshed has to happen."

"Now Sir Lancelot, who said anything about bloodshed?"

'Stop this now. You know who I am and what I can do and I will do anything to protect Arthur.'

"You are all free to pass."

Arthur almost couldn't believe it. Almost.

"What do you want?"

The lady had on a smirk that put none of the knights at ease.