1.1

Once Elizabethian was alone in her room, after dropping Ashleen off at the airport, the feelings that she pushed down involving Dr. Reid resurfaced, questions filled her head. Why did he give her his sweater? Why did he give one to Heather? Are they together? Is that why they left at the same time?

She groaned, hitting her head against the door. Is this what it felt like to have a "schoolgirl crush"? If so, she wanted it to end so she could just go back to normal.

She looked over to the corner of her bedroom and her eyes landed on her white grand piano that her mother bought for her when she turned 18. She's pretty good at playing it, but she left the preforming to Maxine who is truly gifted in the music world.

She needed to get over Spencer, and quickly so she did what every love struck woman does in this kind of situation; she went to her sister for help.

"I need you to help me write a song so I can get over my feelings for Dr. Reid. Will you help me?" Her words came out so fast that they almost stumbled over each other.

Maxine, of course, was taken back by the sudden confinement; but she smiled widely once the words registered in her mind. Her smile fell when she saw how sad Elizabethian really was.

"Do you want to-" Maxine started to speak, but when she saw the look on her face she just shook her head.

"Alright. Let write a song and get those feelings out into the open. What time do you go into work tomorrow?" Maxine asked, walking out of the spare room and over to Elizabethian's room to be friendly with the piano.

Elizabethian looked at the clock on her bedside table, it read 6:30pm. "I usually go at seven in the morning when it's just paperwork day, but I can push it to eight unless I get called in." She said and looked over at her sister who had taken a seat in front of the piano

"So we have...fourteen hours to write a song. Go get us a cuppa, because I'm gonna need it." Maxine cracks her knuckles.

"Actually, it's technically thirteen and a half hours-"

"Elizabethian, tea?"

"Sorry!"

***

Paperwork days used to be relaxing. Elizabethian would just sit at her desk, filling out the needed forms, and hand them to Hotchner when they were completed, repeating the process over and over again.

But today is the first day that she had to do paperwork after realizing her buried feelings for Spencer Ried; and the fact that his desk is directly across from hers is causing quite a distraction.

He isn't even doing anything to distract her, he's just sitting there, focusing on his work. Biting his lip while his hair fell in his face, pressing his pen up to his cheek and-

Elizabethian felt herself staring so she looked away from him. It was complete and utter torture that she was placed next to him. It didn't help that she spent most of the night up writing a song about him that was sitting in her purse due to the fact that she fell asleep at an ungodly hour and woke up late to work. In the craziness of the morning she slipped the song, with the cords and everything complete, right in her purse without thinking about the consequences.

"Gave her your sweater...it's just polyester, but you like her better...wish I were Heather... Okay, but why sweater and not jumper?" Maxine had asked looking over at her sister.

"Because sweater rhymes with Heather...Jumper just doesn't sound right." She muttered as she took a sip of her fourth cup of tea.

She snapped out of her memory and slid the purse underneath her desk, silently cursing herself for writing it in the first place, because it did not help in the least bit; if anything it made her feel so much worse than she had before writing the song.