Chapter Five: Marks of a Servant

Let's see what I have," Jaspers soft voice trailed off as he turned towards his wardrobe. Opening it, Alan and Alastor could see the faintest glimpse of the extravagant coats the young prince was often seen wearing. Trims of red, gold, blue and silver, the soft silky fabric of exquisite attire. He looked like he had a more expensive wardrobe than the crown prince, whose clothes consisted mostly of linens he could get dirty.

"Here we go," Jasper grabbed something off a hook and pulled it out, revealing it to Alastor and servant.

It was a black suede vest with polished silver buttons, the house crest embroidered over the left breast. The waistline was tailored, pinched softly enough it was barely noticeable, but Alan was sure it would give him a perfect slim figure.

"I-I couldn't possibly," Alan tried to protest as Jasper tossed the vest towards him. Alan caught it if only to keep the expensive clothing from hitting the floor.

"Relax," Jasper's eyes rolled as he turned around and opened up a chest against the wall. "I haven't worn that in a long time." He assured, rummaging through the chest full of tunics, finally pulling out an ivory colored one that resembled the one Alan wore now. He handed it to Alan, and he struggled to hold onto the clothes while the prince pulled out slim black slacks. "And I'm not okay with you looking like that."

Alan blushes at Jaspers scrutinizing stare and looked down at the clothes he was handed. The tunic felt like soft silk in his hands, and the slacks were plush cotton.

"I don't know what Walter was thinking, letting you leave looking like that." Jasper crossed his arms over his chest, looking Alan over. "The uniform is important, especially for someone who is supposed to be serving the crown prince. We're doing you a favor, so hurry up and change."

"But Prince Jasper-"

"Seriously, just drop it and change." The young prince cut him off, grabbing Alastor by his forearm and pulling him out of the changing area. "It would be insulting for you not to accept a gift from a prince you know." He called out over his shoulder, causing the small servant boy to flush in embarrassment.

***

Damn that Prince Jasper.

He was a master manipulator, using his title to ensure I would do what he wanted. Staring down at his clothes I smiled to myself, shaking my head. For a boy who was coarse and curt in his mannerisms and the way he spoke, he seemed sweet and kind. In his own way at least.

I stepped behind the wooden partition, feeling relief when Jasper dragged his brother out. I definitely didn't feel comfortable changing in front of both boys. I unbuttoned the blue vest Walter had given me, folding the large material in half and setting it down on the bench behind me. Carefully, I pulled my tunic over my head, hissing as the wound in my back groaned with pain. The bandages kind of restricted my movement, but it was just enough I could pull the tunic off and onto the bench with the vest. Topless, I caught a glimpse of myself in Jasper's full-length mirror.

I looked thin, and frail in my reflection, dainty slim hips, slacks barely hanging on even with my leather belt keeping them up. There was only a slight pinch to my waistline, just enough to determine that I was in fact female. Little specks of copper-colored freckles dotted the pale canvas of my torso. Eyes traveling up, they settled on my bandage chest.

I was by no means a well-endowed woman. I never seemed to fully mature, as my breasts were small, easily concealed beneath baggy clothing. With the bandages around them, I was flat as a board, giving me the perfect illusion of a boys body. My shoulders were small, tapering down to thin wrists and slender fingers. Angry, red streaks lined my forearms, Some were faintly turning into a bluish purple as I began to bruise.