CHAPTER 19

Drews POV

My throat hoarse from not using it in weeks stops me from shouting for her. Lynn. Her dad was here and I was useless! I tried my best to move but it didn't work, why wouldn't it work! It hurts knowing my best wasn't enough, and now the girl I'm in love with is gone. She's in the hands of her filthy father. I should've woken up weeks ago, I could've been able to stop this and get her to safety. My body ached and all I could manage to move were my arms but even that was hurting me.

A nurse walks in and gasps, running towards my bed dropping her clipboard. "You're finally awake!" She said smiling getting me water and checking my body over once. "You're a lucky one sir you could've been cut out of the program if you didn't wake up within 24 hours!"

I took the glass of water gratefully and gulped it down in seconds. Within 24 hours? How long had I been unconscious for? I remember Lynn saying it was 41 days but when was that? My mind was boggled and I couldn't put my memories and things in the correct order to make sense of what was happening right now. Taking a deep breath I started to say something but the nurse beat me to it.

"I wonder where that girl has gone. Hmm. She's been here every day you know, missing her classes. I've heard rumours around that she's depressed now, some of the nurses caught sight of signs of self-harm, can you believe it?" She adjusted my hospital bed so I was sitting up, the tag on her vest saying Jennifer.

My mind went blank. Self-harm? My girl? No, it cant be. How can she do this to herself? To me? I never want to see her in pain; never. And there's nothing I can do about it now. She's gone, and I need to find her before her father does something bad. I couldn't shake off the feeling that he was planning something malicious and it would end with Lynn in pain.

"When can I leave," I said coldly.

"Well, Sir I need to check your blood pressure and see if you have any more inter-"

"When can I leave," I repeated losing my patience with this nurse. Lauren, I read her name tag.

"In a few days hopefully! You should be as good as new" she smiled taking my empty glass and placing it on the side table.

"I don't have a few days, I'm leaving now" I started pulling off the wires and pushing myself up with whatever strength I can muster up. My arms were weak and shaking, I could barely grip onto the armrests. The feeling of my muscles being used again felt good as I stretched my whole body out. 

"No no no! I'm afraid that's not allowed! You have to at least get some energy and then we can sort out what we're going to do with you." she walked out of the room

Screw this. I'm going.

Right now.

---'''---'''---'''---

Lynn's POV

"She's gorgeous..."

"Don't get attached now she's going to be dead soon. Boss is going to get millions from it. And remember we get 25% each so don't f*ck this up for us sh*t face!"

What?