*.✧ 1 ✧.*

"Let's go again."

Beomgyu groaned, weakly pushing himself up off the ground with exhaustion, brushing the dirt off and standing to see the person behind the words.

The alpha was in a defensive stance, shirtless with sweatpants and a red bandana tied around his bicep, eyeing the drowsy beta intently.

"Come on, Tae. We've been at this for hours." The young beta complained, his body relaxed, more like slumped, compared to the other's.

Taehyung straightened up, a stern frown etched onto his face. "You said you wanted to be a warrior wolf right?"

Beomgyu crossed his arms with a pout, looking to the ground so he didn't have to see look at the dominant alpha. "Yea..." He mumbled.

"So you should jump on this opportunity! Not many alphas are willing to train a beta to be a warrior, Beom. This takes dedication and perserverance," Taehyung stepped closer to the beta who kept his eyes trained on the ground.

He brought his fingers to Beomgyu's chin to lift up his head, causing them to make blantant eye contact. "In a battle, you can't show weakness. There are no breaks. And if you're down, you're dead."

Those words sent a shiver down Beomgyu's spine, but he felt himself straighten up, confidence boosting at the thought of a life or death situation.

"It's in your nature to submit to an alpha, so you have to train yourself to be just as physically strong and mentally tough as one. But you can do it. You know it, I know it. It's all about what's in here," Taehyung pointed to the part of Beomgyu's chest that contained his heart.

"That will determine your survival."

Beomgyu nodded, his motivation boosting due to the pep talk, and Taehyung could see that light of determination in his eyes once more.

"How about you go get some rest? We'll pick back up tomorrow at dawn." Taehyung smiled, ruffling the beta's hair who nodded and went off on his own.

Training the young warriors of the pack was basically his job at this point, and he truly loved every second of it.

As an alpha, his prime instinct has always been to protect the pack and his loved ones, so being a warrior wolf is in his blood.

In the early days when his elder brother was learning to be head alpha, Taehyung also wanted to take part in leading the pack through a different aspect, and that was becoming a warrior.

Even though he was the son of the head alpha, he still had to work hard in order to earn his rank amongst the other alphas. Those hours and hours of treacherous training that usually led to him being beaten to a pulp paid off, and now he was one of the lead alpha warriors.

As he walked off the training grounds, he ran his fingers through his long, black locks before moving his hand to the side of his neck that was sore from all the training, over the tattoo neatly drawn into his skin.

It is tradition for warrior wolves to get tattoos, so Taehyung chose a skew of tree branches that began from the top of his pec, up his collarbones and neck, stopping just under his jawline. It signified many different things to him, and was a proud symbol of his status.

Taehyung had walked to the main pack house, where the dining hall and common area were, as well as the head alphas office, which was exactly where he was going.

He walked through the dining hall and into a corridor to the left, straight to his brother's office.

As soon as Taehyung opened the door, he saw his brother sitting in his chair, probably writing down supplies gammas would need to go collect or adding a new wolf to the list of pack members.