Wonderland

Katerina waited and waited, sitting drowsily in the corner of a black room. She knew she was dead. She didn't feel anything anymore.

She cried here and there. She missed living. She didn't hear or see anything for a while, until three boys showed up.

The three boys and Katerina stand face to face, none of them knowing what to say.

"Hi," Katerina cleared her throat. Her voice was soft, and calm. The boys stared at her in awe. "Hello?" she giggled softly.

"S-sorry," one cleared his throat. "I'm Reggie,"

"I'm uh...uh..." Reggie nudged this one with his elbow. "Luke," Luke finished.

She giggled again.

"Sorry about them," the blonde rolled his eyes. "I'm Alex. We're from Sunset Curve,"

"Tell your friends," Reggie smirked.

"I know who you are. I was obsessed with you guys before I died," Katerina said, as she smiled gently. Reggie flushed, and backed up. "I'm Katerina,"

"How do we get out of here?" Alex asked, starting to cry. Katerina cringed and shook her head.

"We don't. I've been here since yesterday," she shrugged.

"You died yesterday?" Reggie asked.

"Yeah. I fell of a cliff into a ditch that was a little deeper than my cousin Emma and I thought," Katerina sniffled and laughed at herself. "At least I still have songs in my head,"

"Songs? You like music?" Luke asked the girl, ignoring Alex's crying in the other corner of the black room.

"I love music," Katerina corrected. "My Dad used to play ukulele. He taught me how when I was little,"

"That's awesome," Reggie smiled, sweetly. "Do you sing?"

"N-no. Not-not anymore," Katerina brushed her hair behind her ear.

"She's lying," Reggie smiled at Katerina softly, and stepped towards her. "Come on, Katerina," he said, and his voice gave her chills. How was that even possible? She's dead.

"Fine. I uh, I've been working on something when I was alive...but I don't have my song book, or uke. I can't—" a hush of wind blew her hair, and her blue songbook appeared in her hands. The wooden ukulele in its case sat at her feet. Katerina's eyes widened, and so did the boys'. "Okay. That works." she chuckled. "Here's one that seems to make sense enough in our...situation,"

With a few breaths, the clearing of her throat, and some strumming, Katerina opened her mouth.

"Welcome to Wonderland
We've got it all
Potions and pastries that make you grow tall
Forests and cottages, castles and cards that can talk
Welcome to Wonderland
Look where you're at
Maddest of hatters
The Cheshire Cat
Magical cabins and lovely white rabbits with clocks
Dancing through a dream
Underneath the stars
Laughing 'til the morning comes
Everyone that leaves has a heavy heart
Oh, Wonderland I love"

Katerina looked up, her eyes were clamped shut and she was pretty sure she was crying. Luke, Reggie, and Alex glanced back and forth at each other, all unsure of how to comfort the girl in front of her.

Katerina imagined Heaven to be a beautiful place for the afterlife. She didn't think she'd end up in a pitch black room with some random ghost boy band when she died. When she wrote this song, she was picturing the place where she believed her Dad was, soaring through the clouds.

But he wasn't. He was probably here where she was, and they couldn't get back to each other.

Katerina felt—surprisingly—warm arms around her. "He doesn't deserve to be here," she sounded so broken, and as Reggie glanced down at the girl he'd hugged so tightly, his non-beating heart broke.

"Wh-who?" Luke asked, hesitantly.

"My Dad." Katerina sniffled. "He was supposed to go to Heaven. What if he's here?"

"I think we would've seen him by now," Alex assured her. "He's probably waiting for you, Katerina,"

"In Heaven?" Katerina asked.

"Yeah," Reggie sighed into her hair, and she squeezed him around his abdomen as they hugged. "In Heaven,"

*

"You know, Katerina," Luke announced. "I don't think we ever got to tell you how talented you are—were...?"

Katerina chuckled in amusement. "Thank you, Luke," she said. "I guess I was pretty talented," she flicked her hair behind her shoulder, laughing lightly.

Reggie had found a way to cheer the girl up by using her instrument and singing to her while she lay her head in his lap. He was cute, she'd have to give him that.

"Yeah, you are pretty," Reggie gushed aloud, eyes widening when he realized what he said. "talented!" he corrected. "Pretty talented,"

"But more pretty, Reginald?" Alex teased him, making Reggie blush.

"You're full name is Reginald?" Katerina asked him with a small grin.

"Yeah," Reggie mumbled.

"Cute," she replied, making him look at her with his mouth agape. Katerina shrugged.

"Can I call you Kat?" Reggie asked.

"I mean, no one's ever called me Kat, so—"

"We're calling you that now. Kat. It sounds so..." Alex searched for the word in his mind. He had just finished crying, after he realized he was actually dead, and his voice was still a bit shaky.

"Rad?" Katerina asked, and the boys nodded their heads simultaneously. "You're right. Kat sounds pretty sick,"

"Okay, Kat," Reggie grinned. The boys engulfed the girl into a much needed hug for all four of them.

Underneath her feet, Katerina—Kat, could feel the floor shaking. She and the boys began to scream as they grabbed onto whatever was closest. For Kat, Reggie was closest, and she held his hand tightly as they literally fell from the sky. Kat's eyes widened. She was reliving—re-die-ing? her death all over again.

*
!!!PLEASE READ!!!

HERE IS CHAPTER TWO!!! This is my favorite chapter because it's how Kat and the guys meet, and how Kat begins to fall for Reggie.

Oops, sorry! Forgot to mention this is a Reggie fic! It was originally going to be a Luke fic, but honestly, I love Luke and Julie too much to take all of their moments away.

So! I hope you guys liked it!

I am also holding a little contest type thingy for a new character! I need another ghost who will befriend Kat like Willie does with Alex. (🥺) Whoever submits the best one by Thursday (9/17) will get their OC featured in my story and a shoutout!

I will put the description form down below!

- Angelina

Character Contest:

Name:
Age:
Hair color:
Gender and/or Pronouns:
Eye color:
Ethnicity:
How they died:
Anything else you'd like to add (like fears or something like that)

Good luck!!