Chapter Eleven

Ashton frustratedly ran his hand through his hair trying to tame it. He glared at his reflection, pointing out every minor, none exsisting flaw.

"Are you sure I don't have to change?" He asked, looking down at what he was wearing.

"Of course you don't." Calum rolled his eyes. He got off Ashton's bed and stood next to him. "You look good, your hair is neat, you smell good and you don't have any boogers. Therefore, you can go now."

Ashton sighed heavily. "What should I say? Do I have to get anything?"

Calum shook his head. "No, her mum already likes you for tutoring her daughter, but you can never go wrong with flowers."

"That," Ashton started putting a hand on Calum's shoulder. "Is the best idea you've ever had."

Ashton hurriedly took his car keys and drove to the nearest flowershop he could find. Ashton parked his car and made his way inside. He did not realise how many types of flowers there were. He found himself struggling to choose a certain type.

Meanwhile, Stacy kept rushing around her room, cleaning her already spotless room. She went downstairs to check if everything was in place before her mum saw her.

"Stacy, why are you still in your pyjamas?" She scolded.

"I just want to make sure everything is perfect and clean." She explained.

"Everything is fine, honey. Go get dressed, he could be here any minute now." She told her before going into the dinning room.

Stacy went upstairs and into her room. She looked through her closet for something appropriate to wear. She settled on a pair of leggings and a white shirt. She was putting on a pairs of socks when she heard the doorbell ring.

"I got it!" She yelled before running downstairs. She tripped a few times, but she thankfuly caught herself.

She tamed her hair a bit before opening the door.

"Hey." Ashton smiled nervously.

"Hi." She smiled back. "Come in."

"Thanks." He rubbed the back of his neck. "I got your mum these." He gestured to the flowers in his hands. "Not that I didn't want to get you any! I just thought it'd be rude if I came empty handed and I-"

"Is it him?" Her mum asked coming out of the kitchen.

"Mum, this is Ashton. Ashton, this is my mum."

Ashton nervously handed her the flowers.

Stacy's mum gasped. "Are these for me?"

Ashton nodded. "The florist suggested carnations, they smell good too. I hope you like them."

"They're wonderful, thank you Ashton." She smiled.

"It's really nothing, Ms.-"

She quickly interupted him. "Call me Kate. Stacy, show him around, while I prepare the table."

"We can help." Ashton suggested, wanting to make a good first impression.

She shook her head. "It's okay, I can do it myself." She walked back to the kitchen after that.

Stacy stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do next.

"Look, we're matching." Ashton said pointing at her shirt.

"Yea! I didn't notice." She smiled. "Do you want to hang out in my room?" She asked awkwardly. Ashton nodded her and followed her up the stairs.

"This is where I spend most of my time." She told him as the went into her room.