Before

A/N

Any chapter titled Before is placed before the first chapter

****************************************************************

Charlotte was vacuuming her house.

Again.

 Next she would dust.

Again.

She didn't have anything to do. Her children were gone. She didn't know if they were harmed or not. She didn't even know if they were alive.

Again. A lot of things were happening again. Over and over and over again. It just wouldn't stop. She couldn't help it and she hated it. It reminded her of how her husband died. She knew what street she was on. She had just gotten off the phone with him. He should have been home in about an hour. So, she waited.

And waited.

And waited and waited and waited for something that would never happen to happen. It wasn't her fault. But, it felt like it. She couldn't help it. But, she felt like she could. She took the blame. No one blamed her, but herself.

But, it felt like everyone blamed her. She tried to stay positive for her children. She tried to stay strong. She really did. But, she couldn't.

Her children were ok now. They had moved on. She hadn't. She had gotten married to her love, but she never really got over John. She lost everything when she lost John. Her children didn't do anything wrong. They didn't deserve this.

Why her? Why her children? Why did he die on their birthday? Why did he die at all? Why? Just,

Why?