Chapter 13: Ferverous

Unknown to the members of the fearsome foursome not all the Deators perished when they sent the volcano tornado and burned down the camp. Specifically two of them were able to run away into the woods living to fight another day. "Lord Ferverous must be warned." The first Deator says to the second. "Yes sir." Replies the second. 

Fortunately from them they were able to grab some supplies as they ran away from the attack. The first one was able to grab a messenger wasp, and the second was able to grab some paper and a pen. The two of them write a letter describing their defeat at the door. They place the letter in the messenger wasp and they send the wasp off. Flying to their leader, Ferverous. Resulting in their leader being quite angry and disappointed. The two Deators who sent the message don't fear making their leader mad. They don't feel anything. Ferverous just needs to finish this himself.

Right at this moment Ferverous is on a field of battle leading a battalion of five hundred Deators laying siege to a town called Skosh. A battalion of Zaubators has risen up to meet the Deators just outside Skosh. They are led by a Zaubator called Motus the wielder of the earth quake hammer. The Zaubators are armed to with ever last bows and ready to fight the Deators to the end. 

The Deators are armed with dritellum blasters and they're covered head to toe to body armor. They're ready to follow the orders that their commander Ferverous gives them. This is the front lines of the war. This is blood, battle, and conflict. But before any real fighting breaks out Ferverous and Motus meet on the battlefield with their armies at their backs to try to negotiate a truce. If an acceptable agreement can't be met then the Deators will attack and the Zaubators will defend. Both leaders know that as they march to the center of the field to meet each other.

"Don't misunderstand me Motus my goal here is not to kill. I want you and your men and the fine people of this town to join me. I want to show you all something beautiful. I want to show you the future. While the future is bright and glorious you Zaubators still cling to the past and you drag humanity down with you. It is only by my hand that progress will be made I am the only one that will usher in a new age. I am superior and you are inferior. So I'm giving you a simple choice, join me or perish." Ferverous says to Motus starting off the conversation. Not a very good place to start from at least from Motus' perspective.

"Even though you say you don't want to kill I can tell that is a lie. I know exactly who you are and what you want. You have brought war and death where ever you go. You are a sociopath and that army of slaves behind you will never be a better fighting force against the Zaubators. The future you describe is one without morality or decency it is a future that I will not have ..." Motus goes on monologing about how Ferverous is a horrible person and how he will be defeated by the Zaubators when the messenger wasp from before comes flying out of the sky. 

The wasp flies right into Ferverous' hands. As the sociopath opens up the wasp to read what's inside Motus stops his monologue. He's startled by what Ferverous might be reading and it's a little embarrassing in the middle of his majestic speech. "No please go on." Ferverous says to Motus encouraging him to keep monologue. With that Motus continues his speech about how Ferverous is evil and how the Zaubators are awesome.

Ferverous isn't listening though he's reading the note that was sent to him in the messenger wasp. He reads about how the base was taken by the Zaubators and they need backup on the rocky coast. The door is now unguarded and out of his possession. Reading this note makes Ferverous visibly angry. 

He does his best to contain his anger. He breathes deeply and intensely trying to calm himself down after reading the note. He knows what he has to do next and he has a good outlet to take his anger out on. He throws the messenger wasp and the note down on the ground and starts walking away from Motus and back to his troops. Motus yells at him to come back and asks him where he is going.