a christmas kiss

the boys had been at deans for a few days now and everything was going great. at first seamus had been scared that deans family would find him imposing but they welcomed him with warm arms. deans youngest sister loved seamus and always seemed to be clinging onto him. one night however the boys were finally alone and dean decided to watch a movie.
"can we watch a scary one"
"shay you hate scary movies"
"i do not"
"okay fine a scary movie it is"
the boys decided on chuckie and just as dean had said seamus was scared within the first 10 minutes. he quickly curled up against deans side. dean chuckled and threw his arm around seamus.
"don't worry shay i'll protect you"
seamus looked up and stuck his tongue out at dean. they watched for a bit longer when dean noticed seamus was shivering.
"shay are you okay" dean asked concerned.
"yeah your house is just a bit cold"
"here" said dean reaching behind him to pass seamus a blanket.
"thanks mate" seamus said smiling as the threw the blanket over the two of them. dean couldn't help but smile back. every time there was a jump scare seamus buried his face in deans neck and tightened his arms around deans waist. every time dean suggested switching the movie seamus wouldn't let him, determined to make it through the movie to prove how brave he was.
"shay, look at yourself" dean had pointed out the first time seamus had said that, but dean kept the movie on anyways liking how protecting seamus made him feel. seamus wanted to keep a movie on because he liked the way dean protecting him made him feel. halfway through the movie dean noticed seamus wasn't moving as much.
"shay" he asked, nudging seamus's head with his own.
"you up" there was no answer. dean reached for the remote and turned off the tv, suddenly the living room light turned on. dean turned around to see aileen standing by the lights.
"hey leena" he said as she walked over as sat on the arm of the couch.
"you fancy him don't you"
"what"
"seamus" she said nodding at the sleeping boy. "you fancy him"
dean had told aileen about him being bi at the beginning of the year before he left and she always suspected that he liked they irish lad he never shut up about. seeing them in person only confirmed it for her. dean sighed knowing he couldn't successfully lie to his sister.
"yeah" he said looking down at seamus. "i really do"
"how long have you known"
"since third year i think" dean almost whispered, pushing a stray piece of hair off seamus's face.
"how long have you two been dating"
"what" dean asked his head shooting up "we're not dating"
"well why not"
"it's not that simple leena"
"i think it is"
"i don't even think he likes me like that" at that aileen laughed.
"look at him, look at you, you two are obviously in love"
"... i can't mess up out friendship"
"sometimes you gotta take risks dean" aileen said as she stood up and started to walk out.
"hey aileen" dean called, she turned around "thank you" she smiled at him and walked out of the room.
"she's right you know" dean looked down to see seamus looking up at him, his face beet red.
"h-how much of that did you hear" dean asked as seamus sat up, he gave a shrug.
"all of it i guess"
"look shay i was gonna tell you, i really was but i couldn't stand the thought of losing you and then it was summer and i couldn't see you and then we came back and all the feeling were more intense and then i was gonna tell you again but then you got mad at me and i thought it was cuz of the drawing of you in the sketchbook but -" suddenly seamus surged forward and pressed his lips against deans. dean melted the kiss was perfect, better than anything he had dreamed up, and was over much too soon.
"you never stop talking do you" seamus asked a smirk playing at his lips.
"oh shut up" dean said smiling.
"make me" seamus said cocking his head to one side. and so dean did, he leaned it and kissed seamus, taking his breath away. i am completely and utterly in love with him seamus though smiling into the kiss. finally the pair pulled apart.
"well" said seamus "took you long enough"
"was it worth it" dean joked.
"every second" seamus said seriously, his arms wrapped around deans neck as dean slid his around seamus's waist. i can't wait to spend forever with him.