PROLOGUE

It was 2 a.m. in San Francisco and in Prescott Street everyone was asleep; everyone but a family, the Halliwell family. They were normal people in the eyes of the others in the neighborhood, but in reality they were a very special family, composed by witches, whitelighters and cupids. In their world they were even famous. The Halliwell sisters, bearers of the Power of Three, and then the next generation of Halliwells, had saved it in more than one occasion. They were known to be powerful and were feared by their enemies.

Many important events had happened in the house known as the "Manor", such as the birth of the third sister Phoebe Halliwell, the wedding of the second one, Piper Halliwell and Leo Wyatt, the birth of their first son, Wyatt Halliwell, and more recently the birth of the last member of the family, Persephone Polaris Black Halliwell, occurred already 11 years ago.

Persephone, was a beautiful little girl with reddish-brown hair and stunning particular eyes. Indeed, she had a singular condition called Heterochromia , so her left eye was hazel, while her right one was grey.

At the height of her left clavicle she had a peculiar birthmark shaped like a Triquetra

At the height of her left clavicle she had a peculiar birthmark shaped like a Triquetra. It was curious it had the precise shape of the Triquetra, which was the symbol representing the Power of Three, of the Charmed ones. The Elders thought it was a sign stating that little Persephone was destined to be an extremely powerful witch.

 The Elders thought it was a sign stating that little Persephone was destined to be an extremely powerful witch

Her family described her as curious, witty, stubborn, brave and irreparably sassy. She was cheerful and funny with people she trusted and liked, but at the same time she could be extremely cold with people she didn't know or trust and even mean with people who threatened her loved ones.

Persephone disliked her name, she couldn't understand what was her mother thinking when she named her. She knew her mother wanted to respect the Halliwell Family tradition, which consisted in choosing names that began with the letter "P" — even if said tradition hadn't been respected by her grandmother Piper and had been followed only by her great-aunt Phoebe. Persephone understood it, but why "Persephone"? It could have been Primrose, Penelope or Priscilla, but no. Her mother had decided for Persephone, the creepy queen of the Underworld, which was ironic considering that once her great-aunt Phoebe had really been the Queen of the Underworld. That was the reason why she preferred people calling her Sephie.