chapter 3 - zendaya

I hear a sickening crack and groan. 

"Thomas! My phone, now I'm going to have to get a new one. You owe me the new iPhone when it comes out." I grumble as I examine the spiderweb crack.

Tom's head snaps up. "Zendaya your ex just threatened me and you! And you're worrying about phones now?!"

"I'm trying not to think about it." She snaps.

Tom runs his fingers through his hair. "Z, what are we going to do."

"I'll block him everywhere and file a restraining order on him." She says, blocking his number.

"Are you sure that'll be enough?" He asks, taking my hands in mine. He looks me in the eyes.

"Z, I can't have anything happen to you..." He whispers. I touch my forehead against his.

"Don't worry, nothing will happen, I'll go do the restraining order now." I whisper and press my lips against his. He places his hand on my neck and kisses back, running his hands through my long brown hair. When we release, I smile and leave.

I drive to to the police station and file the order on Trevor. I grin and head to my favorite coffee shop, grab a to-go, and head outside. I decide to call Tom and let him know I'm 'safe' he's probably worried sick now.

"Tom....helpp...I'm being captured!" I say, smothering a laugh.

"ZENDAYA! Where are you?! What's going on?! Is Trevor there?!" I can practically see him frantically running his hands through his hair.

"Just kidding!" I say, laughing.

I hear a growl over the phone. "Zendayaaaa that wasn't funny! I thought you were really hurt..." he whines.

"Hehe, then it worked. By the way, I filed a restraining order on-"  I feel a rough hand on my shoulder. 

"Hang up normally, nice and natural." I hear a familiar voice in my ear. Trevor. My heart sinks.

"I-I filed a restraining order on him, I gotta go, um the waitress is bringing my order. Love you lots, bye Thomas." I say, hoping he understands why I called him by his full name.

Trevor twists me around roughly to face me. "You don't love anyone but me." he says gruffly.

I twist away. "Get away from me or I'll call the police!" I say.

"You'll call no one, or else I will kill that spider-boy you're dating. Kill. him. Understand?" He says, between clenched teeth.

I start shaking. I can't lose Tom. I can't. "What do you want? Anything what do you want?" I say weakly.

He smiles cruelly. "That's more like it. Come with me." He leads me to his junky apartment and pushes me roughly into a chair.

He sits next to me and starts kissing down my neck, lustfully, I push weakly at him to stop. But he kisses harder and harder. Finally I throw him off of me. He falls back against a chair and bangs his arm. He growls and punches me on the lip.

I feel blood on running down my face and I dash out the door.

"THIS ISN'T OVER ZENDAYA!!!!" He calls after.

I ignore it and race to my car, I drive to my house and stumble inside. I run into my room and cry. Why does this happen to me?

I peel my face off  of my bed and look in the mirror. Blood comes don my chin and there are three hickeys on my neck. I take a deep breath. I can't tell Tom. I take out a make up compartment and begin to cover up the bruises and hickeys. When they're fully covered, I head back over to Tom's place.