Chris Afton

William's POV:

It was a warm but yet cold November. I was in the living room reading a book and relaxing when the warm breeze came in. Then behind me ran Lizzy and Mike. "Daddy! Daddy!" they both shouted. "Can we go to the playground? Pleaseeeee?" they begged. "Alright then" I replied and laughed. "Don't forget to grab your jackets." I reminded them. I put my book away, slipped on my sweater and shoes. They ran out of their rooms giggling. "Are you ready?" I asked with a smile. They nodded their heads with excitement. We walked to the park for about 10 minutes. Soon enough we got there. "Alright kids, I'll be sitting here don't go too far and don't talk to strangers" I explained. "Oki Daddy!" he replied running towards the playground. I wonder if Clara finished her work. I thought to myself. So I chose to call her. "Hello Dear," she answered. "Hi honey" I responded. "How's  work?" I asked. " It's alright, my shift is almost done" she replied. "how's the baby?" I asked straight away. "Will, don't worry the baby is fine, it's not like I'm going to give birth today" she responded with a chuckle. "heh, I'm just worried about you" I replied. "Well, my shifts did I'm going to head home now," she told me. "Alright, I'm at the park with the kids," I told her just in case. "Okay, just make just not to be there too long I'll be making dinner," she said. "Alright bye dear," I said. "Bye!" and we ended the call. I smiled to myself and looked to check on the kids. Soon 40 minutes passed. I decided that its time to leave and eat dinner. "Alright kids, time to got home!" I said aloud so they could hear me. They ran up to me and whined. "Do we have to?" they asked whining. "Yes, dinner is ready" I responded. "Fine" they whined taking hold of my hand. When we walked home, the kids quickly took off their shoes and jackets and rushed into the dining room to hug Clara. I greeted Clara with a kiss. After eating dinner, we watched some movies.

Clara's POV:

After dinner, William, and the kids chose to watch some movies. But while watching the movies, I felt pain. The first time it didn't hurt much, so I ignored it. But then it came again but in a more painful way. And it kept getting worse. Until I decided to tell Will. "Will..?" I whispered quietly enough so the kids couldn't hear. "what is it Clara?" he turned around to face me and asked. "W-well" I started. "M-my stomach h-hurts..a lot," I told him. But I couldn't say much because of the pain I stuttered. I felt my eyes water from the pain. "Do you want to go to the hospital?" he asked concerned. "N-no it's f-fine" I replied with pain. But before I noticed I started to sob from the pain. "We're going to the hospital," Will said firmly. Before I could say anything he told the children to get their jackets and shoes on. So we left, Will carried me to the car, and to the hospital. 

William's POV:

After I put Clara in a room, the 2 nurses stepped inside. I and the kids sat down next to the room. But 10 minutes later, 1 doctor rushed, then 1 more, then 2. I began to worry more, then 3 more nurses rushed inside. Then there was a scream. Not any scream but a scream of pain. It was Clara's. When the kids heard it, they quickly ran into my arms and hugged me. "Will mommy be okay?" they kept asking with tears in their eyes. "Of course she will calm down," I responded and hugged them tightly. Then the scream came again, and again. The kids got out of my arms and sat down next to me. Then came the loudest scream of shrieking and pain. After that loud scream, I saw the nurses holding a baby boy, but he didn't cry. 'Babies are supposed to cry.' I thought in the alert. "WHY ISN'T HE CRYING?!" I shouted to the nurses with panic and alert and stood up. They didn't respond. They just rushed with the infant into a different room. I got confused and worried. Soon I calmed down and sat down. Mike and Lizzy crawled into my arms and hugged me tightly. I hugged them back. About another hour later the kids rested in my arms, asleep. "Mr. Afton?" I voice called, I looked up to see a nurse. "Yes, that' me" I replied. "Mrs. Afton wants to see you," She said. "Alright" I responded. "room 307" she added. "okay, thank you" I replied and woke up the kids. "what's happening...?" Mike asked with a sleepy tone. "We're going to see mommy" I responded. Mike and Lizzy walked holding my hands to the room Clara was in. Once we walked in Clara looked exhausted and had white shiny eyes from tears. I walked up to her and sat down near her on the bed. I took hold of my hand. "Did you see him yet..?" I asked. "No..." She replied wiping off her tear. I hugged her, and she hugged back. "Shh," I said. "It'll be okay." A couple of minutes later the kids ran in. "Mommy!!" they shouted with joy at the sight of her. I backed up a bit so they would have room to hug her. They jumped into her arms and hugged her. "We missed you so much!" said Lizzy crying. "Don't worry sweetie, I'm here now." She responded using her finger to wipe away her tears. She hugged Mike and Lizzy tightly and kissing them on their foreheads. That was until a nurse stepped in, she knocked on the doorway. "Afton family" she started. "the baby boy will survive, but he will have some issues," she explained. "What kind of issues..?" I asked. "Well..he might be weaker than other children and be more terrified of things," she answered. We stayed silent for a bit. "Can we see him..?" asked Clara. "Of course" the nurses replied with a warm caring smile. We waited a bit, and then she held the infant carefully to Clara. She gently took hold of the baby boy and smiled. At the look of him, I smiled too. Then the nurses stepped out. "He's so tiny!" exclaimed Micheal. "I can't see!!" shouted Elizabeth trying to reach to see the baby boy. I took hold of her and held her up enough so she could see him. "He's so cute!" she giggled at the look of him. Then I placed her slowly down. "What will we name him..?" I asked them all. "Maybe Christoper" responded Clara. "Perfect" I chuckled. 

Bruh- 1140 words- ;-;