Chapter 4: It is only a misfortune if you think it is one.

"... sorry." Hong Yue told Lan Xing after Lan Xing fetched him from the infirmary. They were now walking towards their dormitory after the classes finished for today. He woke up not long ago and saw Lan Xing was already waiting for him as he sat beside the bed. "And thank you." He added when he saw his luggage being dragged by the strong arms of Lan Xing.

Lan Xing who felt like he's pulling two large rocks. "..." did he bring everything in his house? He thought and slightly sweated as he pulled the two large suitcases of Hong Yue. "It's nothing." He answered. Fortunately, there's an elevator in their dormitory thus he didn't need to carry the two large suitcases up to the sixth floor.

"About your shirt..." Hong Yue said and looked at the plain T-shirt Lan Xing is wearing. "I'll pay – "

"No need." Lan Xing answered. He heard from Fen Xinxin earlier that Hong Yue is a delinquent but also an orphan. Thus, Hong Yue might be poor. His shirt is also a signature brand thus he didn't want for Hong Yue to pay for it.

Hong Yue who earned millions, excluding his family inheritance. "..." alright. He thought and fell silent. "Earlier, I got dizzy because of the light thus I... collapsed." He said and meaningfully looked at Lan Xing's T-shirt.

"..." Lan Xing who wanted to curse but was holding it in as a civilized person.

"... I'm really sorry." Hong Yue isn't an obtuse person. "I really didn't mean to." He added.

Lan Xing who heard the sincerity in Hong Yue's voice sharply inhaled. "I said it's already fine." He told him. "We're going to be roommates, so there's no need for things to be rigid between us." He said as he pushed the elevator button.

However – "Was that the transferee?" the passing students whispered to each other as they secretly looked at Hong Yue and Lan Xing.

"Lan Xing is too unfortunate... he's roommates with a delinquent." One of them said.

"Yeah. Earlier, that was too embarrassing – " another one said.

BAM! Hong Yue and the students were startled when Lan Xing suddenly slapped the elevator's buttons. "H-hey...?" Hong Yue called and suddenly was frightened. He just hit the buttons...? He thought as he stared at Lan Xing in shock. "W-what's wrong?" he asked as his face started to turn pale in fright again. Is... is he psychotic? Could it be I'm rooming with a psycho?! He thought as he bit his nails in nervousness.

"Sorry. I just saw a mosquito – " Lan Xing said and he turned. The students who were frightened by him immediately ran away in panic. "What's wrong? You still feel sick?" he asked when he saw Hong Yue was shaking.

"I – I don't..." Hong Yue answered and his eyes became tearful. Oh, my god... I can't tell him I'm sick. He might be pissed! He thought. But, what if he'll suddenly cover my face with a pillow when I'm sleeping? He looked at Lan Xing and his tears are about to fall.

"What's wrong?" Lan Xing asked and remembered the students earlier. His eyes narrowed. "Hey. Don't mind what they said earlier." He told Hong Yue. "They didn't know you are sick, so they can say it like that. Don't let their shaming get onto you. They're the ones who should be ashamed since they gossip without knowing the full story." He explained.

Hong Yue's tears retreated. He raised his head and looked at Lan Xing. "R-really?" he said. "So... you're not mad at me?" he asked.

Lan Xing's eyes are on the elevator and turned to look at Hong Yue. "To be honest, I was pissed." He said.

I knew it. Hong Yue thought.

"However, since you are sick, then you are forgiven." Lan Xing said as he pulled inside Hong Yue's luggage inside the elevator. He waited for Hong Yue to follow him inside before he pressed the close button. "And, the nurse also explained to me. You were over exhausted so you collapsed." He looked at Hong Yue who retreated to the corner of the elevator. "Are you claustrophobic?" he suddenly asked.

"No." Hong Yue answered.

"... are you afraid of me?" Lan Xing asked again.

"... yes." Hong Yue honestly answered.

"... you don't have to." Lan Xing told him.

"You have a scary expression earlier." Hong Yue told him.

"... there's really a mosquito." Lan Xing said. "And, I was pissed." He added. "You don't look like a delinquent, at all." He told him.

"I'm not." Hong Yue answered.

"Then, why were you kicked out?" Lan Xing asked.

"... because I was caught violating the curfew." Hong Yue answered.

He's really watching porn. Lan Xing thought when the elevator doors opened and they went out. He pulled Hong Yue's luggage again and led him to their unit. He took out the key and opened the door. "There are two rooms inside. One for you, one for me so we have privacy." He told Hong Yue as he switched on the lights and they went inside. He locked the door while Hong Yue went inside. "The bathroom and the kitchen are in the back. The refrigerator is already full. There's also a mini-library and a mini-bar. The school also provided films for us to watch – both entertainment and educational." He explained and pointed each section he said. The living room is very spacious and there's a wide flat screen TV with speakers. "If you want to exercise, there's a gym at the top floor – "

"No, thanks." Hong Yue immediately said and he walked towards his room. Compared to the spacious living room, the bedroom looked cramped but it was enough for him. "This is wonderful!" he exclaimed and he turned to smile at Lan Xing. "Please place the suitcases on the side. Thank you." He told him. "What do you want to eat? I can cook for you as thanks." He told him as he headed to the kitchen.

Lan Xing was about to refuse when he remembered Hong Yue is an orphan. He must have been all alone cooking for himself. "Just cook whatever's inside the refrigerator." He told him as he pulled inside Hong Yue's room the suitcases. Hong Yue looked so weak. Who carried his luggage? He thought.

Hong Yue who had their butler send his suitcases to the principal's office. "Hmm~" he hummed as he cooked braised beef.

Even though they had a butler, but his strict mother had him learn cooking and household chores. Meanwhile, his father made him learn business at a young age. However, both of them died. Then, his grandparents followed.

He saw his phone on the counter vibrated and the screen lit up. He saw Huang Anyi was calling. 

(A/N: this chapter's title is about Lan Xing - our righteous and optimist gong! ~^_^~ and yes, this author is procrastinating again XD)