The Forgotten Girl

The Snow Queen found herself standing in front of a sixteen year old girl with black hair, blue eyes, red lips, and pale skin that was almost as white as hers. The young woman was laughing as she played on a swing.

"Princess! Princess Snow White!"

The girl, recentley identified as Snow White leapt off the swing and dashed in the direction of the voice. The Snow Queen soon found herself following her out of curiousity.

"Princess, there you are. I was looking everywhere for you." a young man said.

He was no older than nineteen with dirty blonde hair and green eyes.

"Princess, I am going on a hunting expedition and wanted to inform you before I left."

He turned away from her as if he didn't want her to see his face.

"A hunting expidtion? Ooh! Can I come?"

A pained smile crossed his face. He turned back to her, sadness and regret filling his eyes.

"I was counting on it." he said. "Follow me."

The memory began to shift to the same girl who was now a lot older and wore the crown of a queen on her head. She was standing next to the man she had seen earlier. They had matching wedding rings on their hands. They stood in front of an old door.

Alexander grasped the woman's hand.

"Snow White? You don't have to do this you know."

"No, Alexander. I am quite sure I want to. I need to get rid of it, I won't have it causing any harm in my land ever again."

"The I'll be right outside the door, okay Snow?"

She smiled at him reassuringly, nodding her head firmly. Snow White took a deep breath and turned the key in the hole. She opened the door, stepping inside. Taking out the key, she closed the door behind her, which locked with a click.

She walked to the end of the room where an old mirror hung. She picked it gently off the wall.

"Well, hello there dearie."

Snow White dropped the mirror in surprise, the mirror shattering. Some of the pieces flew into her eyes. She collapsed trying to blink the glass out of her eyes. Tears welled up in her eyes from the pain of the glass cutting into her eyes.

Someone began to bang on the door.

"Snow? Snow! Open the door, let me in!" Alexander's muffled voice yelled from the other side.

Then something peculiar began to happen. Her raven locks turned into pure white tresses and her dress frosted over. Her ruby red lips faded into an unhealthy blue color, as the tears spilling from her eyes, crystalized on her cheeks, breaking into fragments as they hit the ground.

Slowly, she stood up, an evil smirk appearing in place of her sweet smile.

"Snow?!" Alexander shouted.

Snow White made her way to the door, unlocking it. Alexander watched in shock as his wife walked out.

"Snow... What happened to you?"

"Nothing. You could say the mirror showed me some... Clarity."

Alexander's hand drifted to his sword, gripping its hilt.

"This isn't you Snow White."

"Snow White is no longer." she said her voice ringing clearly through the silent room. "It's the Snow Queen now. And you," she said, her bony finger bringing her face closer to hers. "Are to be my first victim."

She firmly kissed his lips as his body began to freeze over and turn to ice. He kneeled in front of her.

"Your majesty." he said, pressing a fist to his heart. "I am at your eternal service."

"Good. Now, follow me, we have a kingdom to enslave."