Chapter 7

"HAWKS!" I yelled. My hands clutched onto his suit.

We were free falling down the building. He laughed before bringing us to a stop. When he landed I immediately got out of his arms out of self consciousness. "I told you not to carry me!"

"You never said not to carry you. You just told me you felt bad for me for having to carry you."

"Alright fine, just don't do it again," I sighed.

"I don't understand why you're so insecure. You're as light as a feather." He smiled as a feather lightly brushed against my cheek.

"I just...never mind. Thank you for everything tonight."

"Keep talking like that and I'll have to keep free falling you off balconies to prove it," he grinned.

"Don't you dare," I laughed.

When we reached the apartment building I sighed. "Thanks for walking me back. You can come in if you want. I understand though that you probably want to go home and rest."

He perked up and opened the door for me. "Let's watch a movie."

"Well that was quick. Also, why didn't you go back to the party?" I asked as we headed to my apartment room.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Eh, it's wasn't really my thing."

"I saw Avery there, she already had too much to drink by the time I arrived."

"Do you drink kid?"

"Did you forget I'm 18?" I chuckled.

"Oh, right."

I opened the door to my apartment and he looked down. "Oh a box."

Labeled on the top showed it was from Rinoden. The box was light to pick up and was medium sized. Cutting open the box, the contaminant consisted of a mask and a letter.

"Interesting, a smoke mask," I muttered. "I'll read the letter later. Go pick out another movie."

"Hmmm. Maybe another horror movie," he smirked. I gave him a dragged look and he put his hands up. "I'm kidding kid. Don't look at me like that."

I chuckled. "I'm going to go get changed. How much was the dress? I can pay you back."

"It's a gift. Curtesy of your favorite Hawk."

"Yeah yeah okay. Thank you I really appreciate it."

When I was walking to the bathroom, I felt his golden eyes locked onto me. I changed into grey sweatpants and an oversized blue shirt. As I was getting ready for bed, I heard Hawks from outside the door. "Hey kid, do you have any extra blankets and pillows?"

"Um, yeah. They should be in the closet to the right of the bed." Maybe he just needs a blanket?

My eyes widened as soon as I exited the bathroom. "Wow, your really are a bird." Blankets and pillows were placed randomly on my bed. Almost like a nest.

He gave me a nervous look as he stood next to the bed. His eyes gave off an expression asking, "do you like it?"

I walked up and jumped into a pile of pillows and giggled. "Cozy nest you made." The side of my face nestled against a blanket as I glanced at Hawks. His cheeks were a light red.

"I-uh...picked out this movie."

Luckily it wasn't a horror movie. Besides I'm pretty tired, so most likely I'll fall asleep. Hawks put in the dvd and started the movie.