Crippling Anxiety

I didn't sleep at all last night, the anxiety I felt was eating away at me all through the night and forced me to stay awake. I tried to focus on my homework but even that was too hard to do. This tournament has been on my mind all month and it was finally here.

Now it's 7am and I'm putting on my VolleyBall tracksuit. Gathering up my gym bag that held my uniform, gym shoes, knee pad and brace, and deodorant. I slipped a hair bow around my wrist as I walked out of my bedroom door. "Shiko? You home?" I called knocking on her door. Silence answered me as I placed my ear up against the door. I opened the door being greeted by darkness, flipping on the light I saw that her bed was neatly made. I sighed walking out closing the door, it sure would be nice to have someone there for me in the mornings, or at night...hell even at all...

"I'm so tired..." I said into the empty house as I rummaged through the pantry pulling out a can of raviolis and opened it. I grabbed a fork without looking and walked to the door, I slipped on my shoes. I stopped at the picture of my mom and smiled, "Time to Shine Mom." I kissed my hand placing it on the glass and stepped out of my house and began my walk to the school.

As usual I was the last to show up to the buses. "Finally! Let's go! Let's go!" Hinata exclaimed while jumping up and down in place. I groaned holding onto my head feeling a migraine forming on the right side of it. "Hinata-Hinata..it's too early for all... that." I waved my hand around him. "It's 7am and I haven't had any coffee this morning, so I'm not held reliable for whatever comes out of my mouth." I grabbed the fork from my can and took a bite.

"Uh...Y/N?" Tanaka started, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, why?" I asked taking another bite, "Because your hair is a mess, you're eating cold raviolis straight out of the can....with a spoon."

I stopped my utensil at my mouth and looked at it, "Well shit..." It was in fact a spoon the whole time and I just showed my stupidity to the whole team. "Let me live my life." I retorted and continued to eat my so called breakfast. I looked around noticing that Suga and Daichi were missing, "Mom and Dad haven't shown up yet?" I asked chewing. A hand landed on my shoulder making me jump and fumble the almost empty can my hand, "Oops." Suga began laughing as he appeared in front of me, "Sorry didn't mean to scare ya." He lifted his hand and handed me a glass bottle of coffee, "Got you something. Thought you'd might need it." I smiled and took it from him, "Thanks Sugawara." He blushed as he looked down at me before biting his lip putting his hands in his pockets. I gave him a wink as I took a sip making him blush more, "Sugawara! Come help me real quick!" Asahi called.

"Uh yeah! Be right there!" Suga gently held my chin between his thumb and forefinger before swiping my bottom lip and walked to go help Asahi. I tucked my lip into my mouth trying to hide my smile. I liked Sugawara, he's a sweetheart, and caring, sometimes chaotic, and he's really attractive, but somethings holding me back from dating him. I still don't want a boyfriend, at least not until high school is over. Suga doesn't act like we are a couple, he still flirts with other girls around school and me, like he did just now. He hasn't asked me out and for that I'm grateful, Noya hasn't brought up our little make out session but the SIMP group chat stays alive and active, he calls himself the captain of that group chat, whatever the hell that means.

I finished my raviolis and walked to the side of the gym throwing the can away and tucked the now licked clean spoon in my gym bag. "Y/N?" I turned around at the call of my name to see Daichi standing there, a small white paper bag in hand and the same brand of coffee Suga bought me. "Daichi, what's up?" I asked. He handed me the small bag blushing, "I picked up your uh...Birth Control..." I took the bag from his hand with wide eyes, I had forgotten that I needed to pick it up from the drug store, "Even though we don't...uh anymore...doesn't mean you shouldn't take it, ya know?" I opened the bag taking out the little wheel of pills and popped out the first blue one. "I guess.." I put it on my mouth and took a swig of coffee swallowing it. "Thanks Daichi.."