Chapter 38

He starred at me, and then at the test. Then he starred at me again. "There's no way in hell-", before he could say anything else I cut him off by covering his mouth with my left hand. "You can't be talking about our personal issues like that, remember we're in a house full of people who can actually listen to what we say." He nods and turns on the water faucet which was beside us. "Okay, so that means it's positive..." I nod. He breaths heavily and then he pulls me into his chest. "Baby boom." Is all he says. "What?" I whisper, he sighs and hugs me tightly. "A baby boom, is a sign that the prophecy is closer than ever to completely be done."

"That means we're not gonna make it..." I say out of the sudden. He looks at me, onyx eyes glowing. "Don't you dare say that again, ever." I sigh, all that kept running through my mind was the inevitable thought that something terrible was going to happen once everything is set and done. These witches won't rest until they get to me and Natsu, they'll stop at nothing and with this child it'll only be a matter of time before they find us. After all it only takes something as simple as a link to one of us, and what's easier than tracking us to something that's half mine and half his, or ours. To make matters even worse, I don't even know where we stand as a pair: are we together, are we not? I simply can't with so many thoughts all at once. Especially after the conversation he and Gray had last night...

Flashback:

"I know it's not my place but, maybe for now just remain as Juvia's guardian. It would help ease the witches search against us, and it would take them more time, which gives us the lever of advantage." Gray whispers sitting on the balcony of the room in which me and Natsu were currently sleeping in. Natsu seemed in deep thought but then answered with a simple: "You're right, I might just have to do that..." I'm guessing he had forgotten that we're connected and that everything he sees I see as well. That's one of the perks of mates, at least in our case. Etherious had the bigger role, so it would make sense that we'd have a stronger connection in regards to seeing and hearing each others thoughts.

I refrained from any sudden movement, including thinking as well, I remained blank like a paper while I absorbed everything they spoke of.

End of flashback

If Natsu is still himself even being E.N.D, than it shouldn't be hard to convince him that it's better for us to continue together... I can't do this alone, and the more I'm with him; the more I realize how attached and attracted I've grown towards E.N.D...