Chapter 2: Hades

He arrived at Olympus late as he usually did. All he wanted to do was get out of here as quick as possible. So he went over and stood in the corner, and wait for it to end.  As he stood there, his sister Hestia came over." Do you mind if I join you?" She asked in a warm tone. She was the only sister who was kind to him. "Sure," he replied, as he was happy for a bit of company besides the spirits of the Underworld. It was a very dreary place and all of his subjects were the spirits of the dead. It was nice to speak to somebody. "Zeus really needs to stop having children with all of these women," Hestia sighed. "It isn't fair to his wife Hera, or any of those women." Hades nodded in agreement. His brother was a terrible person. But of course were any of them good really? Poseidon had a terrible temper, Hera always took out all her anger at Zeus on his innocent children, and Apollo, he chased after every woman or man he found attractive. Some even turned into trees to get away. If Hades had a wife, he would make her happy and never cheat on her. He would make her Queen and always treat her with respect. But alas, nobody except his dear sister liked him, and it would probably stay that way forever.

    As Zeus held the child up and proudly announced that the baby was a girl, Hades did not look away in disgust at the child as he normally would. He felt something different about her. He felt something different about her. But the voice of the girl's mother, Demeter, interrupted his thoughts." Her name shall be Persephone, goddess of Spring!" A loud cheer came from the crowd of gods and goddesses.