Chapter 7

Y/N's Pov

Butters joyfully grabbed my wrist and skipped to a table nearby Bebe's. There sat... Cartman's friends.

Oh god.

After sitting down, Butters patted the space next to him, signaling me to sit down. I nervously glanced at the others at the table before doing so. Across from me sat a twitching blonde with a dark green buttoned-up shirt, though it was buttoned incorrectly. The others who sat at the table included a boy in a blue chullo hat, one wearing a blue and red poof-ball hat, one wearing a parka that covered most of his face, a kid with crutches, and one wearing a green ushanka hat.

I've seen all of these guys before, since they are kind of popular, though they've gotten that popularity for being weird and sometimes douches, but I've never interacted with them much. The only name I remember was Stan's and Kyle's, since Kyle went on a date with Wendy, and because Bebe teased me since I asked Stan for a pencil once.

The blue chullo hat kid gave me a confused look and glared at Butters.

"Dude, what the fuck?"

Oh boy, this is already going so well.

"Wh-What is it, fellas?" Butters innocently and obliviously tilted his head.

"Who the hell is this girl? And why the hell are you bringing some random chick to our table?" the blue boy asked.

"Craig, don't be ru-" the kid in the green hat was cut off by Butters' yelling.

"She's my new friend, Craig! And she's a way better friend than you!"

After Butter spoke, he clinged onto my arm, smothering his cheek on my shoulder. I slightly shifted away, surprised and uncomfortable.

The table became silent. Everyone in our table and near it were staring at Butters, who was suffocating my arm by hugging it.

The crutches kid finally decided to speak up, "D-D-D-Damn, B-Butters."

Butters let out a small growl, glaring daggers at the others. "I'm sorry f-fellas, but Y/N is really nice, and I won't let you guys make fun of her."

I'll be honest, the way he spoke about me flattered me a bit. I'd be lying if I said my cheeks weren't pink.

But then I remembered why he's like this.

Right, because of me.

"Ok, jeez. Sorry, Y/N," the chullo hat boy half-assedly apologized.

I let out a quiet "It's fine," not wanting to stir up any more unwanted attention.

The table soon turned back into an eerie silence. I'd be lying if I said I didn't hate it.

"S-So," I nervously started, "Butters, who are these other friends of yours?"

Butters smiled and happily replied, "Oh, right, I forgot to introduce you. Y/N, this is Kenny, Kyle, Stan.." One by one, Butters started naming the boys, pointing at them in the process.

"And the last one in the yellow shirt is Jimmy!" Butters finished. He clung onto my arm again. "A-And, fellas, this is Y/N!"

"Hi, Y/N," a few of them grumbled.

Why am I being put in so many awkward situations lately?

"H-Hi, guys," I forced myself to smile.

Inspecting the guys more, I took notice of Kyle. I still felt a bit bashful about earlier, with the whole bumping into him and running away and all. I honestly felt bad for all of the guys. They all seemed pretty nice, and here I was; a murderer sitting at their table, in the same seat their dead friend used to sit.

To my relief, one of the boys, Craig, started talking in what I assume would be their regular way of.

"Have any of you guys taken the physics test yet? I didn't study for it so I'm gonna try to cheat," Craig spoke, "Kyle, I know you're smart. What were the answers?"

Kyle shrugged, "I dunno, dude. Physics is my last period."

"Same," Kenny added.

"I took i-"

"Butters, I'm not going to copy off of you."

Butters sunk into his seat.

"I took it in 3rd. Not sure if any of my answers were correct but I can tell you what I got on some of them," Stan said.

Craig smirked in response, and Stan explained to him what he remembered on the test.

"Oh yeah, we also gotta do a science project for the science fair that's coming up in like a few weeks."

It was at this point I stopped really listening, as I didn't care too much about the conversation. I'll be honest, I'm glad they're basically ignoring me. I'd be a stuttering mess if they even tried to communicate with me.

I seriously hope Butters doesn't intend to make me sit with him everyday.

"Hey, Kyle."

Kyle lifted his hand and whipped his head around to see Red, he looked to be on the verge of laughter.

"Uh, yeah?" Kyle questioned.

"I just wanted you to know that you probably shouldn't hook up with girls at our school anymore," she covered her mouth, as to stop herself from chuckling.

Kyle raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"Well, you know, since everyone knows about your little STD."

Kyle visibly tensed up. Red soon couldn't stop herself, as she walked away laughing loudly.

"D-D-Dude, wh-what the hell was th-that?" Jimmy asked Kyle.

"You have an STD?" Craig asked, somehow seemingly both uninterested and entertained at the same time.

Kyle lightly slammed down his fist on the table.

"Wendy and apparently all the other girls think I have AIDS because-"

Stan grabbed Kyle's shoulder before he could finish. Not like that was a problem to me, I already know Cartman was the one who spread the rumor.

"Wait, dude, stop."

Kyle bit his lip and looked at Stan.

"What?"

Stan eyed the rest of us before responding to Kyle. "I have to tell you in private."

Kyle gave Stan a bewildered expression, but ultimately obliged, getting up and following Stan out of the cafeteria.

...Fuck. Now I'm curious as to what the hell they're going to talk about.