Chapter 10

Y/N's Pov

This was the worst possible outcome. Getting paired with a dead guy's friends. A dead guy that I murdered, to be specific. God I just wanted to go home and be alone for the weekend, maybe get some emotional support from Bebe, but, nope. I have to work on this stupid science fair with some stupid randos-

Sorry, I shouldn't call them stupid. If anything, I'm the stupid one here. I'm the one that decided to kill someone.

"I say we do a project on the female's reproductive system," Kenny suggested, interrupting my train of thoughts.

Kyle gagged. "Dude, take this seriously; I want a good grade and to not be seen as a joke."

"I am taking it seriously. The female reproductive system is connected to science."

"Sure, but you're only suggesting that because you're a perv and want to look at pictures of vaginas on my computer!"

"Nu-uh!"

"Uh-huh!"

...Does the red-head always make up a fuss?

...'Cuz, honestly, it's kind of cute. Annoying, but cute.

Wait what the fuck. Did I just think that?

"I don't think Y/N would be okay with it. Would you, Y/N?" Kyle suddenly asked while turning his head to face me, his green eyes staring into mine.

"Um.."

I rapidly looked at Kenny and Kyle back and forth. I did not ask to be pulled into this conversation.

"Yeah, no, I think it's immature," I replied, staring down at the ground.

"See? We're not doing it."

"Killjoy," Kenny mumbled, "Alright, fine. What should we do, then?"

"Y/N, any ide-"

"No," I immediately and timidly replied, not even letting Kyle finish his question.

Kyle gave me a weird look before presumingly thinking about what to do. I felt kind of bad, really. I was being quite, for a lack of better words, bitchy; or at the very least a bit rude.

A few minutes of silence passed, until the bell rang, signaling the end of the school day and the start of the weekend. Kenny was about to book it after packing up, but Kyle stopped him by grabbing onto his shoulder.

"You're not going anywhere just yet," Kyle stated, pulling Kenny closer to him, gaining a groan from Kenny. "How about we all meet up after school to work on this? We have about two weeks to work on this thing so we should start right away."

Right, we'll have to work on this outside of school. Oh, God, why do you hate me? Why couldn't you have paired me up with, well, anyone else?

I guess on the bright side... these guys at least seem nice.

Kenny, while somewhat perverted, seems genuine and fun. Being his lab partner can be a bit annoying at times when he'd rather look at Playboy magazines than do actual school work, but in the end he does help.

I don't know Kyle much, but if Wendy wanted to go out with him, he's got to be a good guy, right?

It doesn't matter, though. Nice or not, I'll be good to him. I made a promise to myself I'll make up for murdering Eric, and I won't break that promise.

"Y/N, are you okay with coming to my house this afternoon for the project?" Kyle asked.

I shrugged, pretending to act cool with the whole situation. "I don't mind."

"Good! Is 5:30 okay with you?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Kenny?"

"That's good with me."

Kyle gave a smile to both of us before nodding. "Alright. Oh, Y/N, here."

Kyle took out a pencil along with a small piece of paper and started to write down something on it. After he handed it to me, he gave me a cheeky grin before walking off.

"I'll see you two later!"

I stared down at the piece of paper Kyle gave me.

It was his number.

...The first number from a boy I've received in a while, and it had to be from a science fair partner who I also killed the friend of.