Chapter 84: Bear

Hi- this chapter is basically a lost episode of Winnie the Pooh so uh-

TW ?
~•~

Their bodies shake as they listen to the bears heavy breath heaving behind the bushes, the sound the ground makes every time it sets a foot down.

Anne: Okay now what-

Cath: We need to get out of here-

Anne: What do you mean?- we're blocked-

They were surrounded by rows and rows of trees that barely has gaps that they doubt they could squeeze through, its like a jail cell.

Anne: I got it- let's climb a tree-

Cath: Now wait just a second- Anne, Anne no-

The girl is already up on her feet and walking, everything is going smoothly until she accidentally stepped on a twig, she immediately froze, and so does Catherine.

Seconds later they can hear the beasts heavy breathing coming closer, Anne was dying to go back and duck down with Cath but she's just too frozen in fear, beads of sweat are now forming on the side of her forehead.

Cath: Psst, Anne, roll back here before it sees you.
She whispered.

Anne swallowed the lump in her throat and just nodded slowly, she then turns around with her heelys.

Until the giant animal launches from the bushes out of nowhere and mounts Anne to the ground.

Anne: CATHERINE !
She yelped out.

Cath immediately looked around as Anne tried to wrestle with the bear, luckily she found a stick laying nearby.

She rushed over to Anne's aid and began hitting the bear's back repeatedly without thinking.

Cath: Not today Satan—

The bear abruptly stopped, a paw layed heavily on a bruised Anne who was completely terrified, its head then snapped to look at the queen with a stick raised to its face.

It was then shoved to its eye.

The beast backed back aimlessly and crashed against from tree to tree, it bawled a deep throated sound so loud that it pierced through both of their ears, made the birds fly away as the large noise echoed.

Anne: Holy sh—

Cath grabbed Anne and threw her onto her back, and ran away as fast as she could, the downside is, is that she doesn't know where she's heading to.

Anne: A-Aragon it's chasing after us!

Cath: What?-

Anne stole a glance over her shoulder, hoping to find nothing for once, instead she saw the monster with a stick in its eye limping fast towards them, letting out excessively loud and terrifying noises.

Anne: I hope you had your exercise this morning Aragon-

She look up and grabbed whatever she got her hands on from the trees, it was mostly leaves and weak thin branches, Anne threw each one at the bear chasing them.

Cath: Anne what are you doing??? You're making it angrier!

Anne: I know but it's slowing it down just keep running!

Anne kept throwing branches till she can't grab anything anymore, she stared intensely at the glowing yellow eyes that was pure of rage and hunger, saliva dripping down its bottom lip.