3| "Everyone deserves a second chance."

Tessa

Kenny

Kenny

Tessa stared at the cement floor

She took a deep breath before she slowly exhaled. Looking at the handcuffs latched onto her wrists, she groaned as her head fell back against the cinderblock wall.

"I'm really sorry, Tess..."

Tessa sat up and looked at Kenny sitting on the bench on the other side of their holding cell.

His deep brown eyes curtained by his soft brown bangs looked into hers with deep regret and sincerity. "I didn't mean... I mean I wasn't trying to... the last thing I wanted was to get you into trouble. I swear." He muttered to himself.

"Stupid. Stupid..." he muttered, shaking his head.

Tessa gave him a sympathetic sideways smile. "It's okay," she said softly. "It was... kinda fun... for a minute."

Kenny looked at her curiously as a grin came to his face. "Oh really? Is that a little adrenaline rush from becoming a lawbreaker?" he teased.

"No," she smirked with another uncharacteristic roll of her eyes as Kenny laughed. "I mean that place was pretty cool. All that stuff? I wish I had known about it sooner. Why didn't you tell me it was owned by Professor Dwyer?"

Kenny shrugged. "Honestly, I had no clue. I pass by there all the time. I've never had a problem."

"Maybe I'm just bad luck," Tessa sighed as she looked out the small window of their holding cell.

"I wouldn't say that..."

Tessa glanced at Kenny and caught the tender way he held her gaze. She anxiously bit her lip as she quickly averted her eyes.

Kenny smirked before he cleared his throat as he tried to shake out of his trance. "Do you ah... think you'll get in a lot of trouble?" he asked.

Tessa shrugged. "I'm not really sure. I don't usually get into trouble... let alone arrested. Jeez... I know for sure my dad is not going to be happy about this," she groaned.