Chapter 4

ALL FOR COOKIES

Wolf and I sneakily walk towards the place he was referring to. I'm too hungry, so I just went on with his plan.

"This is the storeroom but I call this my pantry," he proudly says when we reach the door next to the cafeteria's. "All the things they cook there," he points at the cafeteria, "come from here," he continues, pointing at the storeroom.

"So you're saying that we'll get food from the storeroom? I'm not gonna eat raw meat. Wait, don't tell me you usually eat them?"

"Well, sometimes."

"What?!" I scowl.

"Only when I am in my wolf form," he hurriedly explains as if it reduces the freaky thought. "At least I don't eat humans."

I take a step back. "Don't you dare. I can burn you alive," I warn him.

He just laughs at my reaction. "I was just kidding."

"Kidding...on the part that you don't eat raw meat or on the part that you don't eat humans?"

"Isn't human flesh also raw meat?"

He laughs after seeing my eyes bulging out upon his questionable question. He's really having fun, huh?

"I don't eat humans," he clarifies as he recovers from being amused. "That's a fact. I also don't eat raw meat. It tastes disgusting even when I'm in my wolf form."

"So, what's in there that we can eat?"

"They've got ready-to-eat snacks there like sandwiches and cookies."

"Really?" My eyes widen. "Wait, no. I'm not gonna steal some cookies from there."

I'm hungry and my ears ring at the word cookies, but I still have my principles.

"We're not stealing anything," he convinces. "The food here is free. You can go to the cafeteria and eat whatever and whenever you like. We don't have to pay. So what's the difference if we just get some from the storeroom?"

He has a point.

"The only rule we're breaking here is the curfew. As long as there's no security person..." he trails off. I see his nose moving like he's sniffing the air.

"What?"

"Someone's coming," he says as he looks around. I look around too but I see no one.

"I don't see—"

"Shh," he hushes and pushes me to hide from a wall.

"Are you sure there's someone—"

"Is anybody in there?" I hear a man say, so I instantly shut my mouth.

"It's security!" Wolf whispers.

I begin to feel nervous when I hear the footsteps of the security person inching towards us. For sure, we'll get sanctioned for breaking the curfew rules. I don't want to have a bad record, at least not on my first day!

"What do we do?" I whisper, panicking.

He thinks for a second before asking, "Which floor is your room located?"

"I-It's in the fourth floor, S7."

"Quite far. I'll lure him out. When he's out of sight, go back to your room immediately," he whispers back.

"Then what about the cookies?" I don't know why I asked that in the middle of this.

"You won't get to eat for a whole day for breaking curfew rules. That's one of the sanctions. Meaning you'll starve for another day," he says in a fast pace. "So for now, retreat!"