Punches Thrown

"I don't know why I let you go
Oh I learned the hard way
Tell me it's not too late"
-

Finding his elder brother outside the motel room was the least thing that the younger Winchester was expecting. He had spent so much time in search of him and had lost so much during that time that it hurt to think about it.

"Dean." He whispered as he saw the man with the cargo jacket outside his door. He couldn't believe his eyes.

"Heya Sammy." Dean said, not able to believe his eyes either. It felt so good to see his younger brother. Seeing him brought an immediate smile on his face.

After they went through the regular tests to make sure that Dean was a human and himself, Sam hugged his brother. He wanted to cry. He wanted to talk a million things but he couldn't get them out.

"Where's Willow?" Dean asked as they broke the hug, curious as to where the bubbly blondie was. He was expecting to see her and maybe see her cry over him. He loved it when he could call her his sister as a joke.

"Dean." Bobby whispered, making Dean frown. He could see the hurt in Sammy's eyes.

"Well, where is she?" He persisted.

"She's gone." He answered, not being able to meet anyone's eyes.

"You're damn right she's gone." Bobby gruffed.

"Is she....? Dean started, not wanting to hear what he thought had happened to Willow.

"I'm not in a position to answer any questions about that kid, boy." Bobby answered and helped himself to a beer.

"What happened?" Dean turned angry and turned to his brother. "What did you do?" He asked Sam.

"She left." He said with all his might.

"Why?" Dean was confused. He knew that Willow would never leave Sam, especially not after he had died at the hands of Lilith. Sam couldn't tell him the real reason she had left. No one knew the truth except for Sam. "Can someone please tell me why Willow is not present in this room?" He shouted.

"I made a mistake, Dean." Sam admitted it but didn't give him any reasons. After all those months of emotional torture, he was getting it out.

"What did you do?" Dean asked once again to which Sam shook his head but Dean could see it all in his eyes. "Ruby?" He accused, making Sam look away. "Hey!" He shouted for an answer but he already knew it.

"I'm sorry, Dean." He apologized.

"Wow." Sam looked at his brother but didn't regret it a second later when a sharp pain spread through his left jaw. "That was for hurting her." Dean said as he shook his fists, not having wanted to throw the punch.

Sam closed his eyes as he held onto his neck. He knew that he deserved it. Heck, he wanted to shoot himself for all he cared.

"Now, if both of you are done, we have business to attend." Bobby reminded them.