🅴🅿︎ 🆂🅴🆅🅴🅽

Kinsley's POV

Dinner was really tense tonight and it was because Vic wasn't here on time for curfew. I've texted him a hundred times and Armelle has called him too many times to count. I don't know what he's doing but he needs to get here quick. Mama and Dad ain't too happy with him not being here.

"So I'm guessing your brother isn't going to be here for whatever reason so we'll go ahead and get to this conversation. Do you guys remember that morning when we told you about someone trying to breach our information?", mama said as we both nodded turning our full attention to him.

"Did it actually happen, somebody know where we at our something?", Mell asked frantically.

"Calm down, y'all can't stress yourselves over this. We need you to keep your head up and stay alert from this point forward. Not everything was breached but some locations were including where we live and the school. Even then, need to stay low and act like nothing phasing you," dad said as I scoffed drawing their attention to me.

"How the hell are we supposed to not let this phase us? Someone---enemies at that---know where we live and can try to kill us anytime! Not to mention that it could be somebody's child keeping task on everywhere we go when we're at school!", I exclaimed as they sighed.

Mama got up coming to my side as he cupped my face, "My sweet girl...we would never let anyone on this Earth harm you or your siblings. You will be fine as long as you do as you're asked without question. This is serious and us Canuos' don't show fear to no one."

"So listen up, you come home from school and be in this house by 5 on the dot. Unless it's your cousins, uncles, aunt, or whatever---don't get in the car with no one else. Anything suspect going on, call us first then if you have to, let em know you ain't one to fuck with," I nodded and was given a kiss on the head before being told to go upstairs.

I closed my room door and fell on the bed puffing out air. This is bull that we have to deal with this. I don't know what kind of enemies mama has made in the past to make them want to find us. This honestly came out of nowhere along with the reason of preparing us also. Late last year they told us about how mama is this really important person because of his family lineage and there are some people who want to take that away from him---his title, royalties, and all these things we couldn't possibly think about.

Him being so prized and held up high in France puts some targets on his back to take him out and it's the same for us. We're his children and when time comes for him, it all falls down to us. We were introduced to this not too long ago and it's still shocking. I didn't expect to be watching out for myself like this in my senior year.

My phone rung as I looked at it seeing Kian's contact. Just another thing for me to daunt on tonight. I need a break from this.

"Hello, why are you calling me Kian?"

"We need to have a talk. I don't know who you think you are trying to stand me up on a fucking anniversary date that I had planned for us. And that whole breaking up thing, nah nigga that ain't finna go with me."

"Excuse me. Why are you talking to me like that?"

"Shut the fuck up and come downstairs!"

I flinched at his tone and just hung up the phone. Is he really downstairs? I went down seeing mama and dad talking quietly in the kitchen as they did the dishes. Going into the living room, I peeked out the window seeing his car there and him standing near it with his body looking a little tense.