Chapter 1 - New History Teacher

As I sat in class, my mind in a different world. I realized there is absolutely nothing I hate more than history. The worst part is I need it for my career. I have to force myself to tolerate this subject. The other thing, my history teacher is never here, she acts as if it's our fault why she doesn't have a life. I do tons of research and reading for history on my own so I'm ahead of my teacher. It comes in handy because the principal will randomly ask me to take over the class. I end up even teaching the substitute at times. I swear they will give a degree to anyone in this town, I'm pretty sure our last teacher was a hooker. I actually enjoy reading ahead and it makes a college application look a lot more appealing.  It will also guarantee me getting accepted into Yale. Well almost, if they don't do a background check. Evergreen is such a absolutely ridiculous town. No one here ever stays and it's practically becoming a ghost town. The mayor here is absolutely corrupt and does nothing for the town. I don't even know when last a bus passed through here. 

 "Ionia !" my best friend Lycia screamed breaking me out of my thoughts. 

"Yes Lycia, I'm not deaf you know." 

 "Well me calling you for the past 20 minutes says different." 

"Whatever, now what is it you want why you disrupted me from my thoughts?" 

"Don't get all bitchy on me now Miss Shaper's the one who awoke me from my slumber. Anyway, Miss Shaper asked you to go to the front desk. " 

"I wonder what she wants." 

"Well you're not gonna find out sitting here so go. " 

" You're so eager to get rid of me is there something I'm stopping you from doing?" 

" As a matter of fact, yes!  I'm trying to go back to sleep and you talking to me is taking away my precious nap time. I'm even losing my voice, you're buying me ice cream later." 

So if you're losing your voice, how does ice cream help?" 

"It's for my health." 

"You're lactose intolerant."

 "I didn't recall you having a degree in medicine. Didn't you want to be a lawyer? If I'm right then why are you acting like my pediatrician?" 

" Don't you mean physician? You do know that a pediatrician takes care of kids right?" "Physician, pediatrician same difference."

 "You're so dumb, it's sickening." 

"You can say whatever you want me and the bathroom have the best five-hour dates. I'm not even gonna explain. You wouldn't understand.

"You're right, I wouldn't " 

Still love me though bitch." said my half-asleep best friend. 

She's not wrong though she's the only friend I have. She's like.... no she is my sister. I love her to death, I would follow her to the ends of the earth. She's my ride or die. My life here would be so unbearable she wasn't here. I've really grown over the years thanks to her. I've been lost in my thoughts for so long I hadn't realized when I reached the front. 

"Miss Shaper you asked for me? " 

"Ah, yes my dear, the principal asked to see you so just go ahead and wait in his office," she said.