Chapter 3

( WARNING! This chapter's a/n has spoilers for the Infinity train arc. If you haven't read that part of the manga yet (or watched when the animated version was released, I dont know if it has been released yet because of quarantine I just know that their was indeed a trailer for it) please don't read the sentences after the first three sentences)

Giyu POV

It's been 3 hours since the meeting. He's still giving us the silent treatment. The sun is starting to set, guess it's my turn on guard duty for his cell. As I arrive to his cell he only gives me a glance and a sigh before looking away. I stand at the entrance and examine his cell. There's a bed covered in scratches and feathers. To it's right is a work table with papers and a brush on it along side a jar of ink. Some of the papers appear to have some sketches on it. Tanjiro seemed to be bored at my reaction to his cell and shrunk so he could go under the work table. After he went under it he quietly stared at me. We then proceeded to have a staring contest.

◇Time skip brought to you by an angry danger noodle◇

This night felt.....odd..... I feel as if the entire estate is being watched as if it was helpless prey. Tanjiro seemed to have sensed it too as he is on high alert. I then noticed him glancing at me then his hands. A loud screech then echoed through the mansion followed by the a loud yelling. I was about to head in the direction of the noise but fell to the ground; black spots covered my vision. I struggled to move my head and looked behind me to see Tanjiro out of his cell. The cells bars were absolutely destroyed as if hit by the force of a mountain. I felt something soft touch my forehead before my vision fully faded to black.

3rd person pov.

Tanjiro placed Giyu's resting body in the destroyed but comfy bed. He casually then walked out the cell into the many halls of the manor trying to pick up a familiar scent. He sniffs the air every few seconds but then pauses; he smells the presence of one of his favourite upper moons in heat of battle with a man that smells of ash. He exists the manor to a ruined courtyard covered in blood and bodies. He casually heads towards the area of the fight, upon reaching the zone of the two's fight Tanjiro merely observed as Akaza an Kyoujurou fought. Their spirits shining so brightly and filled with the intent of victory. Akaza proceeded to tell the flame pillar to join the demons, however, Tanjiro noticed that Akaza would almost never say that and Akaza is also sounding extremely desperate. Kyoujurou starts to be overwhelmed by Akaza's strength, but unbeknownst to the pillar as he gets weaker Akaza starts to hold back more and more. Still their battle was intense, rogue flames lashed out and rocks crumbled. There was surprisingly still a place for them to stand as a deep circular pit surrounded their accidentally made platform.

A loud screech rang out through the entire compound causing Kyoujurou to lose focus for a short while and acknowledge the battle cry Muzan used to alert his entrance on the battlefield. The pillar was lucky that Muzan wasn't targeting the area Akaza and he were in. Not even noticing the demon prince watching their battle with an amused face as he notices that one of the two's cheeks are dusted a cherry blossom color. This lost moment of focus proved to be his downfall as the upper moon dealt a blow that was strong enough to not only cause severe damage but also knock him out.

  A chuckle ran out of the prince's throat. "Someone finally peaked your interest? Oh this is going to make that castle so much more fun!" He exclaimed, examining the unconscious pillar's body making sure there were no fatal injuries. Akaza scoffed at the boy's words and looked to see if the sun would be out soon. "We've technically saved you and have nearly wiped out all the demon slayers, even though most of the slaughtered were low ranking. So I'd say this is a mission success..." Akaza informed Tanjiro, however, started trailing of and rambled about how to convince Muzan to let him keep the flame pillar. Tanjiro simply made a small smile and softened his gaze as he appreciated that some demons still retain their humanity.

Tanjiro then recognized a very familiar scent. The owner of this scent was quickly dashing this way and most likely very excited. Tanjiro looked in the scents direction and made a bigger smile when he saw that Nezuko was hastily charging at him. This resulted in Nezuko tackling Tanjiro to the ground, whilst Akaza picked up the sleeping pillar bridal style and held him close as two strong presences were coming towards the three plus the one unconscious human.

The moment Muzan saw his cubs  he immediately ran to them and proceeded hold both Tanjiro and Nezuko close, tears threatening to spill. Yoriichi followed his lover closely and held both his mate and his cubs close. The four stayed still as if it was the last moment they had together. "I apologize for interrupting but it appears that the sun will rise in an hour." Akaza nervously spoke out. The four loosened their grasp on each other and  nodded.

A loud sound of strings covered the compound as all the demons and the captured pillar disappeared. The remaining demon slayers struggled to get back on their feet. The pillars were battered and bruised; no matter how hard they trained they would have never been able to prepare for this all out ambush. The wind pillar was absolutely enraged as he scoured the know damaged manor and found the sleeping water pillar. He begrudgingly went back to the spot that the other demon slayers were recuperating to let them know that they only lost the flame pillar. As soon as the other slayers heard the news they all had a small moment of despair. This battle was nearly a one-sided massacre. Luckily it would only be 6 years before they get new recruits; sadly that was still 6 whole years away and they soon realized that this was Muzan's way of punishing those that dared made any attempt that he viewed as a threat to his son. All they could do was pray that the flame pillar was still alive and hadn't been turned into a demon.

Within the Infinity Fortress a hidden room was made that housed the flame pillar. Only Akaza and Tanjiro were allowed in this room. All the demons in the fortress knew of the fate the flame pillar will have once he is back to full strength. One of the upper moons was absolutely happy about this fate and was excited to have the flame pillar join their ranks and his number shared with the enthusiastic soon-to-be demon.

(A/N)
You have wretched the end of chapter three. I'm glad I was able to make it this month with all the school work I had to do. Anyways happy Halloween to all that its Halloween for!
Also sorry if some of the characters were ooc, also am I the only one who found it that during the Infinity train arc when Akaza and Kyoujurou fought, Akaza sounded really desperate to have our precious flamey boi join the demon?
I wonder what the reason behind that was? Did he want someone to beat Douma with him or was it for the reason that lead to me shipping the two?

Word count(including this): 1310