Chapter 4

A few years have passed since the attack surprisingly the amount of demon attacks decreased. Sadly though the amount attacks decreased the lethality of each attack increased ten fold.

Villages were wiped out over night and people fled to the city where an abundance of bloody disappearances were occurring. With only pools of blood at the victims last known area. Despite this humanity and demon kind flourished.

-Meanwhile in a certain fortress-

3rd pov.

  Two figures can be seen in a bamboo covered room on it's only furniture,  a fluffy white futon that had red flame designson it. Both were asleep but were also cuddling. The larger of the two held the smaller really close with a smile on their face. Their orange and red hair both over shadowed and emphasized the others pink hair. The larger had feathers on their eyelashes that were the same color as their hair. Whilst the smaller had various stripe markings on themselves. Little mumbles came from the two as the held each other in their unconscious state.

  A being fazed into the room and chuckled. This being appeared to be a teenage boy that had maroon hair and a red flame like markings on his face. His maroon hair had a split on his left that was made by a dark red ram horn. He had red eyes with white slits for pupils. There was some makeup on his face in the form of red markings that help emphasize his eyes' slim snake like shape.

The robes the boy wore had little black suns on them and was made of a soft red fabric. He smirked at the two sleeping figures before fazing away having a mischievous glint in his eyes.

-20 minutes later-

An door appeared on one of the room's walls. The door slide open a little. Three heads peeped through the small opening. One of them was the boy with maroon hair. The other two had similar pupil shapes, they appeared to be fairly young though as they were shorter than the maroon haired boy. The two of them had black hair and while one had red eyes the other had red eyes with more of a pink tint. The one with red eyes was a boy whilst the one with pink tinted red eyes was a girl.

Both of them looked at the sleeping pair and giggled. The older held of three fingers and quietly counted down to one with them. At one the kids jumped the sleeping pair. "WAKE UP UNCLE AKAZA AND UNCLE KYOU!" They yelled startling the two once asleep men. Before Akaza could scold them the three tricksters ran away whilst laughing. Kyoujurou chuckled at the antics of Tanjiro and the youngest members of Muzan's offspring. Akaza seemed to not like this and was going to scold Kyoujurou for supporting this behavior but stopped when Kyoujurou  scratched under his chin and gained purring noises from the older male.

Whilst this was happening the pair of twins earlier followed their older brother whilst they searched for more members of their group. They spotted something out of the ordinary for this fortress. It was an odd dark room, in it were beautiful mahogany chairs with pale baby blue cushions. A coffee table was in front of a large flat black object. Behind the coffee table a long leather chair that was a tad bit black with a hint of red. There were items they've never heard of in the room. Some of these things looked as if they were from the future as well. The three cautiously approached the door way of the room but decided to go tell their parents first. As this room appeared too suspiciously safe.

Approaching their parents the twins hug the legs of their father whilst the eldest scratched the back of his neck. The five humanoid creatures started conversing about the room that was out of place in this bamboo filled fortress. They created many speculations from interdemsional portals to time travel. The five were soon joined by a girl with black hair that had orange tips. Her eyes were pink and like her siblings and her mother had white slits for pupils. She curiously listened in and gave various ideas that debunked some of the speculations. Soon the other inhabitants of the fortress joined in. The last two to arrive were Akaza and Kyoujurou who were holding hands surprisingly having the ideal hand holding temperature. The others internally giggled and made little sounds acknowledging that the two tardy's little public affection wasn't unnoticed by the others, however they all quickly went back to the topic on hand.

After a long discussion the large group decided to check out the safety of this room. Their first test subject was a pot that its creator, upper moon 5, absolutely despised and was gladly thrown into the room. After 10 minutes of nothing happening they hypothesized that it might be unsafe for living beings so kidnapped and threw in a baby sika deer. The baby merely sat in a spot where it tried to blend in but ended up standing out like a sore thumb. After 10 more minutes of nothing the baby was returned to it's herd and they all agreed that it was safe. The young twins tried to go in but was stopped by their mother who kept them at a close distance.

Slowly all of the group entered the room. The twins going in last as their parents and older siblings were still suspicious of the room. Once all of the humanoids were settled down yet still had their guard up the doors suddenly closed and a strange wave of calming energy hit them resulting in all to relax.

The once black motionless flat device light up and a sentence was on it.

"Welcome all who inhabit the infinite fortress. Please wait as we collect the necessary demon slayers and the questions required for a little interview."

-The goose

[A/N]

Hey guys sorry for the really late update. I forgot to tell you all that school started again so updates may end up closer to the end of the month, not only that but I've been sadly getting low motivation and writer's block lately. I tried my best to keep my chapters above 1000 words so it was a bit of a struggle. The next chapter technically won't be a chapter but a Q&A as I want you guys to ask  some of the demons and demon slayers to see how this AU differs from most AU's. This will end on April so if your question is put after that then I'll try to save it for the next Q&A.

Please place your questions here.
(January 31,2021)

Now that that's been said I think I have an idea on what month's this book will get updated on. Those months are:
January
April
July
October.

I hope to see what interesting questions you guys have and hope to see you around next time.

Total word count: 1180