Preface

I had never had an ordinary life. My father was a pure-blood and my mother a muggle-born, automatically making me an outcast. I was born on June 9th, 1980 - two years after my parents marriage. From what my Godfather had told me, it was a very joyous occasion. However, the marriage went South, my parents fighting almost every night without fail. One night, my mother dropped me off at my Godfathers house to have a sleepover with his son: Gregory Goyle. Me and him were awfully close when we were younger, since neither of use had any siblings to entertain us. I dont remember much of that night; all I know is that the next day my father was sent off to Azkaban, and my mother dead.

I had become an orphan at the age of seven. I lived with the Goyle family for a few weeks until my grandmother moved back from Canada. Soon after I moved in with her, living in a crooked, shabby cabin. But to me, it was home. My grandmother was a muggle, but was a very lovely woman, always trying to understand my world. When I received my letter to go to Hogwarts, I refused. Not because I didnt want to, but because I dont know how I would leave her on her own, defenceless.

I had refused to go for two years, consecutively. That was until Goyles father thought it would be a good idea to go for my third year. I was hesitant at first, but when he said he would look after my grandmother, I agreed almost immediately. I knew he would do a better job than I ever had.