Chapter 24: Amazement

"BELLE!"

The blonde whips around before her shoulder gets thrown back making her instantly plow into the dirt floor. A very hot pain surging through her shoulder as her hand comes up to clutch at it. She squeezes her eyes shut and grinds at her teeth together from screaming. A gust of wind comes to her side before she opens her eyes slightly to see Nessa kneeling beside her. Her eyes focusing on her shoulder, she hisses as she puts her hand behind it and the other clutching her arm. 

"Deep breath"

She takes the breath as instructed as Nessa yanks at her arm instantly making her scream. Her mother and sister's coming closer peering down at her. Nessa begins setting her up when a ferocious roar is heard. Belle whimpers as Nessa gently moves her arm to her chest before helping her up. She breathes deeply as her arm feels weak but no longer nearly as painful as before. Her eyes finally looking around just as a set of yellow ones come into view. The large gray coat shining in the light and the paws much larger than her hand. She reaches her good hand out as he steps forward. His snout nudging her hand before he comes closer rubbing his head against her waist. 

She smiles fondly down as her fingers graze through the thick fur coat as he circles her protectively. She kneels down as he stops in front of her again. His eyes focusing on the arm still at her chest. His nose sniffing the arm as if asking what happened. 

"I was too slow"

He shakes his head before going to tree. All the girls watching as moments later he comes back out walking directly to Belle. His hand gently taking her arm to examine before turning to the girls. 

"It has been two weeks, she can not continue to go through this."

His voice stern as he looks to each of the girls before landing on Grace. The woman steps forward with a thin line on her lips. 

"Colton-"

"No!" He says raising a hand. The girls eyes go wide as he waits a moment to exhale slowly while lowering his hand. Grace waiting patiently to see what he has to say. "I understand we have to be prepared... but this is ridiculous."

"How so?" She ask with a tilt of her head as she steps closer to them. 

"This is the second time in two weeks I have seen her injured!" His hand flying back to point to her. 

"Colton" 

Just like that he turns back to his mate. Her eyes holding a defiance he was expecting. Disregarding the others, he steps back to her as he cups her cheeks within his hands. Her blue eyes glistening in the sunset evening. 

"I can't stand seeing you like this" His words are gentle as he brings his lips to linger on her forehead. Belle's eyes instantly closing on their own accord. His arm encircling her to pull her frame gently to his. She pulls back to look into his eyes. 

"Colton, I need to be ready for anything." 

He sighs and knows he is not going to win this. His arms pulling against him as he hugs her. He turns as he feels a hand on his shoulder. Grace's gentle eyes looking into his. Her eyes so much like her daughter's. Belle is relaxed against him as his cheek lays against the side of her head. 

"Her safety and her sisters is my primary concern. I would no do this with purpose."

He nods his head not saying anything further. Belle's hands are gently rubbing up and down his back. A twig snapping brings everyone's gaze to where Colton ran in from. Jake is standing there looking slightly winded. His eyes looking over everyone. Tara grins as she skips over to him. Her arms opening as he steps to her wrapping his long arms around the ball of sunshine. His heart race running wildly against Tara's ear.