Chapter 29: Understanding

"Nessa WAIT!"

Nessa takes a deep breath hearing Tara's voice. The little angel the only one in the family able to calm her when her anger rises. She turns around finding her jogging out the door of the bar. Tara's eyes are searching her own as she walks to her eldest sister. 

"Tara, I need time..."

Tara looks to her before stepping forward to wrap her arms around her waist. Nessa remaining rigid for a moment. Once Tara's hand begins rubbing her back, she sighs forcing her body to relax as her mind continues racing back to her younger sister. First she finds out she is mated to a werewolf and now they have to 'consummate' their relationship due to the bond. It's fucking ridiculous. Even her species have the choice. They choose whom will be their beloved for eternity. She still hasn't found that connection with anyone and can't imagine what it would feel like... but to be bonded only by a connection that wants her baby sister to have sex... Jesus!

"She will be okay Ness"

Tara whispers gently in her ear. Nessa rolls her eyes over her shoulder but doesn't say anything. She has seen to many times where things weren't 'okay' to know this would be yet another battle for them. 

"Where do you think you're going?"

Nessa looks up to find Kacia strolling out towards them. Nessa huffs knowing she is about to get yet another lecture. She gently releases Tara before stepping back running her hand through her hair. Kacia's eyes remained glued on her. 

"This can't be seriously happening."

"It is" Kacia says sternly. Nessa runs her hands down her face. 

"She is only 17!" 

Kacia goes to step forward but Nessa needs to get away. Turning she runs away. Her inhuman speed coming in handy currently. She doesn't pay attention where she is going but just knows she needs to get away. She finds herself sitting in the middle of no where next to a small pond. It is silent and everything is peaceful... The exact opposite of what her current emotions are. It is a good retreat from the sanctity of her mind. 

She sits there looking at to the water. The breeze causing small ripples on top. The only movement present in the serenity of the water. A flash of light occurs and Nessa doesn't even move fully aware of whom has arrived. Her eyes remaining on the water as a ray of utter sunshine sits down gently beside her. Nessa than realizes that only one person showed up. 

"Kacia didn't come?"

"I thought it would be better if I spoke to you."

Nessa raises a brow looking to the youngest of the sisters. She doesn't look to her but tilts her head looking to the water with the most innocent face. Nessa recalls the years of being around Tara. Tara has always been her polar opposite but in so many ways were alike. They were unlike anything else they have ever encountered. Tara was one of a kind and as far as Nessa knew... No one was created the way she was. Nessa felt very protective of all her sisters but Tara was different. She was the pureness that Nessa knew she could never achieved and in a way preserved Tara's for that reason. She wanted her to forever remain innocent and pure. 

"I don't think anything you or Kacia say could change my mind Angel.."

"I do not wish to change your mind." Tara states simply still gazing outwards. 

"Do you not find it ridiculous this whole thing?!" Nessa says waving her hands before standing up. Tara remained seated still not gazing to her. She begins pacing as her mind falls back to Belle. "I mean, they have only known each other for such a short amount of time!"