➳ 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨

— 1986 —

Mike, Will, Dustin, Lucas, El, and Max have planned on going camping today. They're going on a three-day camp at the high mountains.

It's 3 pm right now, and they're all set in the van—on the way to the location.

The seating arrangement is; Lucas and Dustin in front—since Lucas is driving. Eleven and Max are seated at the second row. Lastly, Mike and Will at the last row.

The mountain where they're gonna be camping at is about two hours away from Hawkins.

"This gonna be a looooong trip!" Lucas said.

"Long trips are fun!" Max squealed.

"A long trip means a lot of... TAPES!" Dustin yelled as he took out his huge bag full of cassette tapes. The whole group screamed out of excitement.

"Can I choose?" El cutely asked Dustin.

"Hey, don't do that. I have a girlfriend." Dustin joked.

"What.. did I do wrong?" El asked, pretending to act confused.

"The 'cutie effect' look on yours. You think I'm not gonna notice that?"

"Hey! She's not trying to flirt!" Max frowned.

"Huh? I never said she was flirting?" Dustin confusingly asked.

"CAN YOU GUYS STOP FOR FUCK'S SAKE!" Mike screamed from the back, getting tired by his annoying friends.

The three shut up and Dustin finally gave the bag of tapes to Eleven to let her pick. Will quietly laughed, but Mike heard it.

"Hey, what are you laughing at?" Mike asked Will.

"You." he tried harder to stop himself from laughing.

"What's so funny?" Mike asked, confused.

"Everything! Your face, the way you screamed.." Will looks as red as a tomato now.

"Ha! Your own boyfriend is laughing at you, Mike! You like that, huh?" Dustin teased. All of the kids, looked at him and asked, "BOYFRIEND?"

"Yeah. Will Byers!" Dustin smirked.

"I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about right now." Will told Dustin.

"You're Mike's—"

"Ohh yeah, Dusty-bun! It's time for you to shut up and mind your own business! Does that sound good, ladies and gentlemen?" Lucas sarcastically asked them. They all agreed and started laughing.

"Here's the tape," El handed Dustin the tape she chose.

Dustin studied it. "Ooh, REO Speedwagon. You got the taste, my friend." he said and inserted the tape into the tape cassette compartment. The song "Can't Fight This Feeling" by REO Speedwagon, started playing.

The four of them sang along to it, while Mike and Will were just staring at the window.

The chorus of the song came, making the four feel more energetic.

"AND I CAN'T FIGHT THIS FEELING ANYMOOOOORE," Lucas sang.

"I'VE FORGOTTEN WHAT I STARTED FIGHTING FOOOOOR," Dustin sang.

"IT'S TIME TO BRING THIS SHIP INTO THE SHOOOORE, AND THROW AWAY THE OARS FOREVERRRR." the four of them sang together.

Will looked at their friends, chuckling. Mike was just shaking his head.

"AND I CAN'T FIGHT THIS FEELING ANYMOOOOORE," Max sang.

"I'VE FORGOTTEN WHAT I STARTED FIGHTING FOOOOOOR," El and Lucas sang together.