37

serin washed her hands in the sink, after using the toilet. and that was when a familiar girl approached her. she saw the girl, but pretended not to see her.

"hey serin." the girl, casually greeted her.

"oh... hi eunbin." serin replied.

"i heard that you're going to play piano for our school's 31st anniversary party. right?"

serin looked at her, feeling confused. "how.. did you know?"

eunbin just smiled. "i overheard our homeroom teachers' conversation. umm.. do you want to compete with me? whoever wins, will get jinyoung."

"what are you talking about?"

"yoon serin, i like bae jinyoung. and i want him to be mine, but i know he would never give me a chance because of you. so i want to compete with you to get him. if i win, i want you to ask him to forget you and be with me." eunbin's voice tone has drastically changed.

and of course, serin was surprised. "why are you telling me this? i don't want to compete with you or anyone. i'm playing the piano just to celebrate our school's anniversary."

eunbin rolled her eyes. "why? are you afraid that you'll lose and i'll get jinyoung?"

"stop saying nonsense. we've broken up and i don't want him anymore."

"but he wants you."

"i cannot do anything with that then. don't involve me in your problem and please leave me alone." serin said before exiting the toilet. she was really surprised too see jinyoung standing outside girls' toilet, maybe eavesdropping on their conversation just now.

he looked sad. maybe because he heard what they were talking about, and what serin said just now.

but serin didn't care. she just left him alone there and went back to class.