Chapter 6

I wake up the next morning still wrapped in Draco's blanket. Even though I'm upset about him saying it was nothing I still feel warm and safe with his blanket that even smells like him. I get up and take Jewels out of her cage. I let her run around on my bed as I get ready. Putting on my uniform, brushing through my long brunette hair, and getting my book bag. I put her back in her cage, "I'll see you later sweetie." I say as I turn to make my way to the Great Hall. When I get there I look over at the Gryffindor table, not really wanting to run into Draco if I can avoid it. No sight of any of my friends in Gryffindor so I go and take a seat at the Slytherin table. I put some eggs and toast on my plate, eating quickly and keeping to myself. A few minutes later Draco comes at sits at the table with Blaise and Goyle. I pull a book from my bag to make it look like I'm reading while I eat hoping I'll be left alone, but of course that doesn't happen. "Psst, Kaylee." I hear Blaise say, I look over at him. "What Blaise?" I say in a slightly annoyed tone, but he ignores it. "So what was with you and Malfoy last night?" He asks, raising his eyebrows at me. I see Draco turn and look at me from down the table, it looks like he's about to say something. "Like Draco said last night, it was nothing." I say in a mocking tone, emphasizing on 'nothing'. I turn back to my book and quickly finish my food. I get up to hurry out of the Great Hall and towards Potions, I hear loud footsteps running towards me but I don't turn around dreading to see who it is. "Kaylee, where are you going? You haven't said a word to me today. What's wrong?" He says, running past me and stopping in front of me. "Oh it's nothing." I say blankly, and push past him. It takes him a minute to begin after me again, he catches up just as I'm coming up on the classroom door. "What's your problem?" Draco asks, out of breath behind me. "What's my problem?! No, what's your problem? You straight up acted like what happened last night was nothing." I spit, feeling the anger boil inside me, turning around to face him. "It wasn't nothing, last night was amazing but I just- I can't tell people what happened. I can be myself around you, but not around anyone else." He says, pleading with me hoping I believe him. I let out a sigh and roll my eyes. "You can tell people we hang out without them thinking you're soft. It hurts when you say it's nothing because to me it's so much more." I say, turning around and heading into the classroom, I take my seat next to Ron. I stay fairly quiet during class, only talking when I need to. When class is over I quickly put my stuff away and hurry to my next class before Draco can say anything to me. I dread going to Care of Magical Creatures because I know I have no choice but to talk to Draco. I stand at the back of the group of students as Hagrid talks to us before we have to break off in our pairs. Draco makes his way over to me, holding the cage our Murtlap is in. "Kaylee, I'm sorry." He says as he gets closer to me. "Let's just get this over with." I say opening the cage and doing as Hagrid instructed. Draco lets out a sigh and I just roll my eyes. "Can we talk later?" He asks, looking down at me as I'm crouched by the cage. "Hand me the food." I say holding my hand up, not looking at him. I stand back up and raise my arm in the air. "Hagrid, we're done already. May I leave early?" I ask, a desperate look in my eyes. "Yes of course." He says and I quickly put things away and start making my way up the hill to the castle. "Kaylee please." I hear Draco say, getting closer to me. I ignore him and walk faster, I hurry to the common room and up the stairs to my dorm. I lay on my bed for a while before going down to the Great Hall for dinner, I eat quickly and make my way back to the common room. It's empty, so I rush upstairs to change, grab Jewels, a book, and go back down to the common room to sit on the couch in front of the fireplace. I sit Jewels on the couch next to me, I let her run around and explore since no one else is here while I read my book in peace. A few students come in and Jewels runs back over to where I am, but quickly goes exploring again when they go straight up to their dorms. A little while later Blaise comes in, but this time she doesn't run away. "She remembers me." Blaise says, crouching down to pick her up. "I told you, you were her new best friend." I say, laughing. He comes and sits down on the couch next to me, still holding Jewels. "So are you still coming to the Quidditch game tomorrow?" Blaise asks, looking over at me. "Umm maybe, I'm not really sure." I say, shrugging my shoulders. "Aww come on, you will be my good luck charm. You have to come." He says, pouting his lip making me laugh. "Me? Your good luck charm? Why's that?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows together. "Well if you're there, then I'll want to play better to impress you." He says, looking down at his lap. "You don't have to try and impress me. Just be yourself Blaise because you're already a great person." I say smiling over at him. He moves his hand to my neck, pulling me closer and filling the space between us before pressing his lips to mine and kisses me. He moves his hand up tangling his fingers in my long hair, kissing me deeper. "Get the fuck off her Zabini!" I head Draco spit, making Blaise pull away quickly.