Remember

Chapter 7

Thursday, September 10th, 8pm

Jungkook showed up again an hour ago, just after Namjoon and Taehyung left.

He'd appeared on the couch, looking completely disoriented, with his dark hair in messy curls over his eyes. His skin was noticeably paler and his chocolate doe eyes weren't focused.

No pun intended, Jungkook looked quite dead.

Now, half an hour later, we're sitting on the floor together, cross-legged and eating some Chinese takeout that I ordered. Jungkook still looks just a tiny bit frazzled as he picks at his orange chicken. I watch as he gives it a curious snifff, then shoves the entire piece down his throat.

Even with my somewhat good knowledge of the paranormal and all that, I was still surprised to find out that ghosts can eat.

Did he even have a digestive system?

I doubted he had any sort of functioning system.

"Wow, slow done there, Buddy. You're gonna choke," I eye him as he starts slurping loudly on his noodles and basically inhales everything that's within his reach. Jungkook shoves a fortune cookie, paper and all, into his black hole of a mouth.

He looks less sick now, in fact he looks a lot more like he did when I first saw him. Vibrant, slightly glowing and extremely hot.

"I'm dead. Can't choke," he says, reaching for the shrimp.

Jungkook moans in pleasure and I raise my eyebrow at him in amusement.

I scrunch my nose as he lets out a loud burp.

"Man, I haven't eaten in months! Last thing I ate was Jin hyung's fried chicken" he says and then pats his toned abdomen in content.

I ignore the way he refers to Seokjin as "hyung". What makes me curious is the fact that he seems to know Jin, but Jin doesn't seem to know him at all.

"Wait, you know Jin?" I question curiously and sip my coke.

Obviously, there are thousands of questions I want to ask him. Like, how he died and why he's in my apartment. But I don't exactly know how to casually ask someone "So hey, how exactly did you die?".

Then, of course, there's the fact that I'm literally writing a whole ass book on the paranormal so the fact that I'm in the same room as a ghost has my brain formulating even more painfully awkward questions.

I have a spirit encyclopedia in front of me. Hopefully my research would be a lot easier now. I kind of need something to give me motivation to write.

But I decide to let him finish his noodles before I start hounding him for answers.

"No, I don't actually know-know him. But since he lives next door, I usually am able to muster enough energy to go over and sneak some of his delicious food into my belly!" He says.

"But since you're my new roomie, I can eat the tasty food you cook too!" He exclaime happily and smiles at me.

I nod my head at him, my mind moving at a mile a minute.

"So, you're free to move around? You're not...trapped here?" I ask carefully.

I regret my question as I notice his smile falter. He puts down his chopsticks and looks at me.

The thing is, ghosts are said to either move on to the afterlife or be trapped on earth until their souls can find peace.

Unfortunately, the usual reason a spirit would be trapped in the world of the living because they've had a traumatic death and their soul cannot rest. Or they're suicide victims who have to live out the rest of their eternity in torment and damnation.