Chapter 55

Where was Mephistopheles?

Clari wandered around aimlessly, muttering small apologies as she dodged the crowds of people who attended the aftershow.

The show had just ended moments ago, and Clari found herself immediately lost as the crowds of people poured into the curtain area. She was supposed to meet up with Mephistopheles, but after they split ways earlier they hadn't met up again! Where in the world would that ringmaster be that he disappeared so fast?

Probably flirting with girls again.

She felt her chest get heavy at the thought.

Just as she was going to retire to her chambers, and give up on the search, a sudden voice called out her stage name.

" Miss Lady Starlett!! Oh! Wait up!!"

Clari spun around wide eyed, reaching up to make sure her mask was present as a bouncy strawberry blonde chased after her. It was the same girl that walked in on her and Mephistopheles two nights ago!

" Oh! It's you!" Clari laughed, relaxing her arms to hold behind her back. The girl laughed.

" Yep! It's me again! Oh I hope i didn't interrupt you from anything! I was walking by and saw you pass. I had to drop by and say hello!" She giggled.

Clari shot her a kind smile, tilting her head a bit.

" Very kind of you. I was just about to retire, since I had no guests looking for me."

" Welp! Now you have two!" She laughed. Clari blinked in confusement.

" I'm sorry, two?"

As if on cue, another person walked up from behind the strawberry blonde, their expression stone. Clari gave a gasp, walking backwards in shock.

Hans.

The red headed gentleman didn't even glance at the bouncy girl. His green eyes were locked on her. Careful and still. He looked. . . slightly nervous?

" You never got to meet my fiancée last we met! You're handsome ringmaster got to meet him though! This is Mr. Hans Westergaård! I'm going to be his soon to be wife, Mrs. Anna Arendelle Westergaård!"

She felt a punch to the gut. Hard and merciless. This was Arendelle? This sweet girl she would've considered befriending was the girl Hans left her for!? She didn't bother holding back her exhaled sigh.

" Lady Starlett, was it?" Hans spoke with strained politeness. " A pleasure to run into you again. I feared after last nights incident you wouldn't be present."

Anger boiled up in her as she watched Anna grab onto his arm. His expression remained still as she hugged him lovingly.

"We're to be courted in a few months! Of course this all happened so fast! I barely first met him last week because-"

" There's no need to go into full details, Love." Hans interrupted awkwardly. He shot his fiancée an embarrassed look.

All Clari could do was stare. Hans didn't tell her? He said nothing of their relationship? Of course he wouldn't. . .

" You're probably right!" Anna apologized sheepishly. " I'm sorry about my ramblings. I've been told I need to cut it out! I can't seem to know my limits and boundaries and such."

" I-It's no problem." Clari replied after a moment. " I. . . I can imagine your excitement to be with a. . . gentleman as handsome as your Westergaård."

Hans shot her a slight glare, quietly telling her to stop it. He didn't want to hear her whine. What made him think he could control this situation? He wasn't-