Chapter 5 "It's all gone."

Hey guys! Sorry for being gone so long. I completely forgot about my wattpadd after going on vacation. But I'm back!

I walked in, and knew something serious was happening. This wasn't typical for my parents to be at the DINNER table. I got excited because for a minute, I thought maybe they had cooked. ugh.

"Mom, I know something is going on..." I said in a serious tone, I wanted to know..

She said "Bethany, it's all fi—" then she got cut off by the TV with an emergency alert, "The National Weather Service has issued a tornado warning for your area." WHAT! I shouted, panicked and scared.. I knew it was raining but I never heard any thunder or saw any lightning.

"Mom! What do we do" she responded "go to your room and get anything Important to you and get Winnie quickly! I'll get anything we need."

After about 3 minutes, sirens came on. We all ran to the living room to be together then moved to our basement. Within 30 seconds of us being down there, the noises were ear piercing. It sounded like somebody hit out house with a train and everything around us just shattered. Then I remembered, "Connor!" I didn't realise I said it out loud. I started crying, worried about him. After a few minutes it all passed and we all were fine. But we knew after we got out of that basement, nothing would be.

We left everything we brought in the basement including Winnie, and us 3 walked out. Before we got out from the stairs, my mom whipped out her phone and immediately started calling my sister, Brittany and all of our family members. I was crying because of Connor, I called him and he picked up and said "BETHANY!" But when he said that, we got to our living room, and weirdly... Everything seemed normal. We all looked at each other confused. but we opened the front door and....