Chapter 7. Double Trouble

“What do you mean you’re aliens from outer space?” I huffed, pacing back and forth in the living room as I stared, or rather glared at the three gorgeous women sitting on my sofa. My moderately sized apartment was beginning to look smaller and smaller with every addition to the group. What is this, an adoption center? Heck no.

Tahti glanced at me calmly, like she always did. Her hands on her lap. “Like they have said earlier Alena, we all came from the same planet. Jorge and Gina are my kin. They followed me here.”

“Followed you for what? Invasion?” I took a step forward. “Manipulation? Mind control?” Different scenarios played in my head, the first being huge spaceships landing on earth. Then, people running all over while zapped by super guns or whatever the hell they called their weapons if ever they had one. And here I was welcoming them in my home like a little vile creature. Damn. I was a traitor to humans.

Jorge, the French looking girl stared me up and down. A smirk began to appear on her face. That was weird. Tahti never showed such an expression before. “We are not here to invade your planet,” she said. “Rather, we’re here to ensure that our leader is safe. When she escaped months ago, we-“

“Escaped!” I gasped, glancing at Tahti in surprise. “So you’re a prisoner in your planet? You need to leave. Now.” I pointed to the front door deliberately, hoping they would take a clue. No such luck. They even decided to ignore me.

“Oh holy one,” Gina the Asian beauty spoke up, addressing Tahti directly.

“As long as we’re on earth, you need to call me Tahti,” their apparent leader replied.

Gina nodded respectfully. “Okay Tahti. When will we return to our planet?”

“After we’ve learned everything that needs to be learned here on earth,” Tahti said patiently. “Also, Alena should come willingly with me.”

Gina frowned. “But Alena is your bride your holiness. I meant Tahti,” she corrected quickly. “Why wouldn’t she come with you if you asked of her? You are her soulmate. I would rather turn to dust and return to the galaxy than be separated to Jorge. That is how things are.”

“Hey I’m right here guys,” I said, waving to them. Again, I was ignored like a ghost. They continued their conversation.

“There is a saying in this planet that goes like this. When you are in Rome, do what the Romans do.” Tahti’s voice took on that educational tone. Very much what one would use when talking to a child. “The same goes for us. As Alena only knows this planet’s rules, we should honor that. Besides, I read a line in a book called quotable quotes by YurikoHime. Want to hear it?” Gina nodded eagerly, while Jorge shrugged her consent.

“I’m pretty sure it said, Roses are red. Violets are blue. If we’re not meant to be together, then eff you,” Tahti declared with a straight face. My jaw fell open. “I don’t really understand what the eff means. I should do more research on the human speech. But from what I could sum up on the quote, maybe it meant something about soulmates. So Alena and I will end up together no matter what.”