10 | Zayleigh To The Rescue

10 • Zayleigh To The Rescue

I woke up in the room, on the bed. Viv was curled up in my arm, her head on my chest, legs tangled with mine. She always did sleep like a fucking rock.

I slammed my hand down on the alarm. I brushed a strand of hair from Viv's face, placing a kiss on her head before untangling myself from her.

In the kitchen, I started breakfast. Viv can't handle sugar or milk in the morning so I cut up some fruit and pour a glass of orange juice. I make chocolate chip pancakes for myself.

In the room, I check the time. 7:30. So I sit on the bed and shake Viv lightly. She shifts but doesn't wake up "Vi, baby, you have to wake up, we'll be late" she lifts her head, placing it on my lap and snuggles closer.

I sigh and lean down, peppering her face with kisses. She giggles, opening her eyes "I'm awake. I'm awake" she laughs. I smile down at her "hi" she says coyly "hello. Breakfast is on the table" she nods, leaning up to kiss my cheek.

She rises, my eyes flicker to her bare legs. I shake my head, standing. I kiss her temple, leaving for the kitchen.

I turn the page of my newspaper, taking a bite of my pancake "ugh. I forgot you read the news like an old person" Viv says, sitting down. I roll my eyes "well excuse me for wanting to know what goes on in the world" I put the paper down.

"Did you talk to your Dad?" I ask. Viv nods "he's glad we could make it. We have to be there by ten" I nod. My phone dings.

Gajeel_Redfox 😍♥️💋: morning my love. Did you get there safe?

I smile.

Levy_McGarden_Redfox: morning darlin'. I did.

Gajeel_Redfox 😍♥️💋: good. How'd you sleep? Have you guys left yet?

Levy_McGarden_Redfox: I slept good. You? No, we're having breakfast. We're gonna shower and then go. Don't you have class in ten minutes?

Gajeel_Redfox 😍♥️💋: I slept good too. Yeah, I do. Just wanted to check in on you. We'll talk more later. Iloveyou.

Levy_McGarden_Redfox: iloveyou too.

I put my phone down, smiling like a goof. "Spencer?" Viv asks. I nod "Zay, when are you going to tell him?" I sighed, dropping my fork. "I don't know, Viv" I said.

"You have to tell him" she says "I know. It's just.. I'm scared. Maybe if I just be a really good girlfriend, I won't have to tell him. It'll be okay. The guilt will go away" she reaches over, caressing my cheek "oh honey, that's not how it works" she says gently.

"It's just.. I don't want to hurt him" she nods "it's going to hurt all the same" I sigh again "anyway I look at it, I lose him, Viv" she stands, taking me in her arms. She smells like Jasmine and cherry blossom.

"It's going to be okay. That boy is head over heels for you. It'll be fine" I nod "I'll tell him. I will" we continue breakfast after that.

___

"Vienne, you ready?" I call, tying my laces. "Just about!" She yells back. I stand, walking to the window. I close it. Then open it and close it again. Open. Close. Open. Close. I nod to myself.

I put the alarm on and off. On. Off. On. Off. On. Then I walk to the stove, checking that it's off. On. Off. On. Off. On. Off. On. Off. Viv's hands cover my own "Zay, stop. It's off" she pulls me away gently. I nod, taking our bags and making sure we have everything.