An Interview With A Vampire

"No no no, you're dead. You are not here, I've gone mad." She yelled, furiously wiping tears from her face. There, stood in front of her... was her godfather.

But he couldn't be. He shouldn't be.

"You're not going mad V. It's me." Sirius said, trying to convince her.

"Padfoot? It's really you?" Victoria got out in between sobs.

"Yes Prongslet, it's me."

"I'm so sorry, it's my fault you're dead." She helplessly cried, for the first time in years.

"It's not your fault Pup; please remember that, you need to stop blaming yourself for everything." He told her sincerely.

"I won't be around for long, the barrier to the other side is down now; but once it goes up again, I will be at peace with the others."

********

An hour of reminiscing and grieving later, Sirius was starting to fade.

Victoria grasped desperately at his ghost; she clung to him loningly, but nothing could keep him in the land of the living. As he faded so did the last of her hope but not before giving her a last warning. A warning that worried her more than she cared to admit. The young witch had just left a war, she didn't want any more suffering, but it seemed that she wouldn't get her wish. For his words made her more restless than ever before.

********

Darkness smothered her, surprisingly welcoming. Sodden grass squelched between her toes, water flowing, an ethereal trail in her stead; not unlike a corpse bride.

All she wanted to do was to curl up into a ball and never return.

"Darkness is coming and this time if you don't defeat it. It won't just become you... it will destroy you." Ominous words.

Had it been anyone else that told her this, she would be laughing in their face and telling them to piss off. But this was him, her Sirius, the light in her darkness. Yet, even the luminous moon seemed dim now.

"What the hell are you doing?" An outraged Damon glared openly at her - his concern not a hidden expression. From her rain soaked clothes to the tears, ever streaming down her face; she seemed to have absently wandered into Salvatore territory.

No words escaped her, just a single winded breath before the world went black.

********

The stench of blood and mothballs was not pleasant to awaken to.

Her entire body ached, and she could barely open her eyes; the lids weighed down by a cruel entity, sheer exhaustion.

She could scarcely remember what day it was... nevermind where she was. But a grating voice answered that question almost immediately.

"So... Princess, care to tell me what the hell you were doing on my porch last night, looking like the creature from the black lagoon?"

Of course it was him, who else could sound this snarky first thing in the morning.

"Fuck off Damon, it was nothing. No need to pretend like you care." She'd given up trying to stop him from calling her princess a few days ago, all attempts were futile.

"Excuse me for trying to be nice to Elena's sister."

"Oh, piss off you wanker."

And with that she exited, leaving a very irritated and confused vampire in her stead.

********

A drained, barefoot Victoria wandered the streets of Mystic Falls.

They were full of people, laughing, staring, pointing but she only had one thing on her mind.

She reached her house and walked straight past a concerned Jeremy waiting on the doorstep.

Up the stairs she went, not caring about her brother behind her. Deep in a trance.

Finally she arrived at her bedroom.

In the space of three seconds she had summoned the elder wand to the palm of her hand, pointing the tip at her skull.

Two little words made it all stop.

A green flash and a single tear.