epilogue: feast

two months later

"Joonie, hand me that bowl of garlic!" Jin stirred around the contents within the steaming pot, flame lit below it as he wiped a hand on his apron to take the requested bowl from his boyfriend. "Thank you."

"Smells delicious, Jinnie." Namjoon chuckled, one arm around the eldest's waist as he cooked.

"Of course it does, I made it," Jin grinned and Namjoon snorted, rolling his eyes in amusement. "Taehyung better be grateful. His dumbass really forgot to book a reservation for his date."

"They've all been busy, Jin." Namjoon reasoned. "Taehyung's been working so many hours recently, same as Jungkook."

"That boy said he's saving up for something." Jin nudged Namjoon knowingly. The other raised his eyebrows at him.

"Am I supposed to know?"

"No, but now you can wonder."

"I'm not that curious."

"Pretend to be and entertain me!" Jin complained. "You're no fun."

"Oh, I can be plenty of fun, Jinnie." The low voice made Jin flush and he pouted in return as Namjoon stepped away from the stove where he was working. "By the way, did you see the news? Jackson told me it would be coming in today's paper."

"No?"

"Pilwoo was arrested, along with someone named SM in the top ranks. They've been running this together." Namjoon picked up the paper and scanned through it. "Compensations for the underground officers forced into the memory erasing is being funded, too."

"Fucking finally." Jin scoffed. "I'm glad Jimin completely disconnected from that asshole."

"Living with Taehyung will do him good." Namjoon nodded, smiling a moment after. "Just surprising each other is difficult when they live under the same roof."

"Yah! Really, why do we have to give up our place for their dates?!" Jin huffed. "Makes no sense."

"We love them anyways," Namjoon laughed and set the paper down as his phone began to ring. "Oh, it's Hobi! He's video calling!"

"Did they reach?" Jin gasped, shitting off the stove and wiping his hands before hurrying to Namjoon's side. The call connected and Jin squealed as he saw both Yoongi and Hoseok in the frame together. "Hello, you two! How was the drive?"

"So pretty, Jin," Yoongi said dreamily. "All the greenery and the cityscapes! Oh, not to mention the horses we saw driving down the freeway!"

Jin'a eyes were fixed on Hoseok gazing lovingly at the excited words falling from Yoongi's mouth. Jin was always skeptical at first— knowing that Yoongi was an ex-Officer— but they were both the best things to happen to each other. Yoongi has someone to show him the world, and Hoseok had someone to show the world to.

"I'm glad, Yoongi," Namjoon grinned. "You nervous about tomorrow?"

"Very." The younger of the two answered for the blond. "It's okay, he's got a night to relieve the nerves before his big day."

"Well, have fun and keep us updated." Jin exclaimed. "Good luck, Yoongi!"

The line cut and Namjoon perched his chin on his propped arm above the countertops. "He's meeting his family... you think I should have a word with mine too?"

"Definitely, Joonie," Jin leaned against the counter and fixed a strangling strand of hair on the younger's hairline. "They've probably heard about you in the news, though. The secret's out."