part 6: hijinks will ensue..

"Golly, spinel, you're quite good at handstands!" You clapped as she bounced skillfully off her hands and onto her feet, after which she swoons at in a cartoony manner, blushing softly as she giggled, batting her lashes at you cutely. "Probably the best one I've seen by far!" You chuckled, giving a playful wink.

While the others were trying to make ruby and sapphire recover from their amnesia, you decided to keep spinel busy, so they're wouldn't be any interruptions.

...And you just wanted a bit more time to get to know the pink gem, now that she wasn't the intimidating, murderous jester gem you first encountered.

"Aw, (color) spinel." she mutters shyly, giggling goofily while avoiding eye contact with you. "You're too kind." she murmurs, dragging her foot across the ground sheepishly, blushing a deep magenta. You widened your eyes and lifted your "ears" mocking the look of surprise. "I am?" You smiled slyly at her. "Why, i'm only speakin' the truth." At this she hid her face in her heart shaped hair buns, shying away whilst giggling in a dopey tone. You snort in amusement at this reaction, but can't help but feel the nagging stab of sad ire at the fact that this wasn't who she is. Not anymore at least. You watched with sad eyes as spinel then wrapped her arms around you, pressing her cheek into your chest. You patted her head, putting on a smile for her, but the mixed emotions were becoming harder to ignore.

Just...What had made this gem so malicious?

...and why her of all gems..?

"Aren't you supposed to be helping us??" You were snapped out of your thoughts by an irritated voice calling to you. You look over to the source, only to see Steven looking at you two, disapproval and mildvdisgust written all over his face. You look back at him, with an eyebrow lifted. "Why... I am helping." You stated matter of factly, a smug undertone in your voice. you slid the hand that was resting on her head onto her back, giving it a brief pat. "I mean, she ain't distracting a none, is she?"

Bismuth and lapis snorted and chuckled to themselves, peridot just looked baffled and steven rolled his eyes, groaning loudy and smacking his hand into his face. Ah, this ain't the time for jokes. You drop your smug face, and replace it with a more serious look. "Look, (sweetie/son), y'all don't really need me fer this whole Garnet fusion situation." You explained, gently rubbing spinel's back while she hummed and giggled to herself, her arms wrapping further around her. "Now, I hadn't learned much about this here garnet gem," you stated, rubbing your chin as you thought back on the few details you knew about her from era 2. "But what I do know that they've been brought together by some type of situation happenin'. Am I right?" He lifted his eyebrow subtly, looking mildly surprised, presumably taken aback at your well made guess. "Well... yes..." he then knitted his eyebrows into the look of irritation. "But... we could at least use your assistance on this."

You raise your brow, and pursed your lips for a moment before shrugging and turning to spinel, smiling sweetly to her. "Be back in a flash, darlin'." You winked at her, grinning as she sighed, cartoonishly swooning as you walked away, batting her lashes at you as you walked over to the team, cracking your fingers and pulling up your nonexistent sleeves. "Alrighty, then, boy." You sighed, lacing your hands behind your head. "Whatcha got planned fer ruby n' sapph, over there?" You gestured with your "ear" to sapphire and ruby, who were a fair distance away, with the latter marching protectively around the calm blue gem.

Steven nodded and gestured to a large weapon in his hands, a mix of a buzzsaw and pizza cutter. "We're gonna try to put them into a threatening situation; Ruby tried to save sapphire, and that's how they fused." He explained, to which You itched beneath your cap looking at the weapon in interest. "That makes sense." You said matter-of-factly, looking the weapon up and down. "And that looks like a promisin' doohickey to get that ruby gem riled up." You offered an encouraging smile. "Alrighty then!" You clapped the boy on the shoulder, to which he offered a tired grin. "Go get em' tiger!" He nods and walked towards the gem duo, and started to brandish the weapon menacingly. "Y'all think this'll work?" You asked out loud planting your hands your his hips, and lifting your eye brow, not noticing spinel peek from the behind you with a playful giggle.

You crossed your arms as you watched from afar, lifting a brow as he rose the weapon over his head, making ruby of course stand protectively in front of her. You couldn't hear clearly as to what was being said, but you could tell the loud voice was coming from ruby. Oh by golly, this might actually work! You absentmindedly look over your shoulder, to the place spinel had stood-

She wasn't there.

"What in the name of-?" You lifted your eyebrows in concern, your "ears" lifted in an alarmed state, catching bismuth's attention. "You all right there?" You don't look at the gem, instead, narrowing your eyes in suspicion as you looked back and forth. "Where did she-?" You were cut off by the sound of footsteps approaching, to which you turn to see Steven sulking his way over to you all. A small sneer came across your face. "Sapph predicted the ruse, didn't she?" Steven rubbed his arm, nodding in defeat, in which you clicked your tongue. "Welp, we'll never give em a sense of danger with them fancy future seein' abilities." You itched behind your tuft. "(Name)'s right; we need to think of something that'll be unexpected." Steven stated, placing a hand on his chin. Bismuth followed suit rubbing her chin, deep in thought. "Maybe we should try-"

In at this point you turn around to look at the former couple, only to see spinel holding the dastardly weapon

Her eyes focused on the button.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Probably not a welcome thing to see reader so affectionate and flirty to a gem that forgot her vengeance quest, but reader being flirty towards spinel in reader inserts are fairly rare to me (It's mostly spinel being flirty)

So I made y'all are a sassy southerner

Enjoy it.