part 7: garnet (sorta) comes back!

You jump with a goofy sounding YIKE!, your hat comedically bouncing off your head and your "ears" standing straight up, temporarily fluffing out in alarm, making steven and the others jump in surprise.

"AYE! SPINEL!!" you call, running towards her, frantically waving your arms. "Don't touch that, dollface!"

Too late.

Just as you reached her she pressed the button and to your horror, the circular blade came whirling to life, vibrating spinel's body and lose her footing. and in that moment she lost total control, being dragged around on that thing, ruining objects left and right. You whined in your throat tugging your "ears" in terror, not only at the fact she's causing destruction to the little town, but fact she can get seriously hurt. Her broken head is one thing, but I draw the line at having her gem breakin'! "I gotcha, dollface!" Without a second thought, you launched yourself at spinel, knocking her off the dastardly thing, sending you both sprawling across the ground, wrapped tightly in each other's embrace. Spinel, delirious and frightened, spinel had her face pressed into your chest, her arms coiled numerous times around you. "Is it over..?" She asked, her voice muffled in your chest. "Well... just about." You muttered patting her on the back, watching the saw continue its rampage, destroying scaffolding, much to bismuth's dismay. "Eesh... that's gonna take a while to rebuild..." you winced, watching her hard work crumple to the ground. "Y'all gotta be more careful with things ya aren't familiar will, sweetheart.." you said loud enough for spinel to hear, not taking your eyes off the saw, lest the thing decides to come after you both. You were so distracted by the thing's tirade, you didn't notice spinel's blushing face looking up at you.

"S-sweetheart?"

Before you thought about taking your eyes off it, the saw somehow managed to dislodge an anvil from it's hanging place.

That just so happened to be hanging over sapphire.

you look over to steven as he struggles to hold the pink shield's power, as it just cracks and destabilizes moments after being summoned. "Sweet sassafras!" You cried out, unconsciously pulling spinel into your body, much to her surprise and pleasure.

Of course from afar you don't hear well, but just before the anvil could crush sapphire, ruby hurled herself into sapphire, efficiently pushing her out of the way just before the thing hit with a CLANG!

Airborne, you watched as the pair twirl in each other's arms, becoming a big ball of light.

Wait... You thought, your eyes narrowing at the brightness in realization. I know this part... you felt a smile come to your face, as you saw the shape form into the familiar gem leader...

"Garnet!" Steven exclaims, running toward her. Uh oh. You looked the gem up and down with a worried sneer. Judging her pink and blue hair and outfit... and from the way she backed away from steven's embrace, causing him to fall face first into the ground... she still doesn't know who she really is. Ah fiddlesticks... As you watched as the "newly fused" garnet feel herself in wonder meant, you feel spinel's grip on you suddenly tighten on you. "You saved me!" she exclaimed, rubbing her cheek against your chest. "My hero." you cough a bit, blushing as you itched behind your head. "Aw, shoot. It wasn't nothin' dollface." You reassure her, a soft smile on your face. She murmurs something, somehow pressing her face even deeper into your chest. You chuckled lightly. "It was my pleasure, though." After a while, she looks up at you, her eyes shining in adoration. You place your hand on her cheek, smiling softly. "You have beautiful eyes, darlin'." You cooed sweetly, prompting her to bat her lashes with a little giggle. Your smile faltered slightly as you felt the stab of sadness again. They really are beautiful... without the look of insanity in them.

"(Name)!" You snap your head up to Steven, who was wearing an irritated glower. "Quit being flirty and come on! We gotta find amethyst!" He exclaims steven, motioning you over. You grunted in mild displeasure. Talk about pushy... With a roll of your eyes you look at spinel and give her a wink before running to the boy's side.

Spinel suddenly slings her way over to your side and grabs hold of his hand. "Don't forget your best friend Spinel!"

"Oh..." Steven looked reluctant for some reason. "Spinel. you stay here with the others... and (Name) and I will be right back." Yhe then lets go of her hand. she stared with what looked like horror for a moment, causing you to frown sympathetically. "Aw why not?" Steven gave you a dry look. "I need you to stay focused." He stated firmly, with his hands together. "We can't get this problem solved if you keep flirting with her. So she has to stay here." You sneered at the kid, putting your hands on your hips. "Now wait a second there you--" before you could finish, you were cut off by a gruff, angered-

"NO!!"

This startled you both flinched as you look back at the pink gem. Your eyes widened, identifying the manic expression you saw on her face just this morning, causing you to shiver as a sudden chill swept through you. Even her eyelashes flipped to mimic those spooky tear streaks she wore. Steven, fearing that the crazed jester will return spoke up nervously. "o-okay.. let's go together?"

After a few moments, she instantly perked back up, with a cheerful "Yay!" And giggle. You yourself giggled, pulling her into you, making her blush and hug you. Steven just loudly groaned and turned on his heel. "Let's just go already!" With that he starts his run towards beach city.

"Alright, keep your shorts on, boy, we're comin'!" You exclaimed running after him while holding spinel's hand.