Ashley The Smoking Car - Part 5 - On My Own

I cried all week.
The girls were very kind, and the first and second class sleepers checked in on me from time to time, in between their shifts.
Buffy stayed with me whenever she could, but she also had to work.
Flat Top tried to cheer me up several times, but there's only so much he can do for his little sis.

Now I'm on my own.
The sunlight is streaming through the window to our shed.
It's quiet.
I can hear the birds chirping and the distant sound of trains clacking on the tracks
I'm the only one in the coaches train yard.
Pearl is out with Rusty, she's doing an interview in a city.
Dinah is with Greaseball, he has woken up now, but apparently its very likely he will never be able to race again.
Buffy is out with the passenger train, she is on a long journey and she will not be back until tommorow.
The sleepers are also working, so there's just me.

Suprisingly, it was Control who got me back on my feet. He said,
"Come on Ashley! You need to pull yourself together!
My train yard is famous for its races and you are well liked. You need to get back out there. I can't have my coaches sitting around doing nothing, I've given you enough time off,"

So I got up, and decided to stop feeling sorry for myself.
I booked myself in for a short train run in the afternoon.
It felt great to get back, to have passengers on me again.

I was so proud of myself when the evening came, and the other coaches came back.
"I went on a train run today!" I said excitedly.
"Oh darlin' that's awesome!" Dinah exclaimed, and wrapped me in a hug.
"It's great to see you back on your feet, Ashley" said Pearl, joining the hug.

For the first time in a week, I had a peaceful nights sleep.
Mabye.... I didnt need Bobo. I would never heal from him, but mabye I could learn to live with it.

Until I found out Buffy's secret.....

Heyyy, so I know that my story doesnt have many views, but I'm going to continue anyway, I wanted to make a story about Ashley for ages, so I'm going to continue until this story is done. :)